Drew Capurro is a partner in the Orange County office. He represents public and private companies, with deep experience in the life sciences, technology, homebuilder, and consumer products industries. He also regularly represents underwriters in transactions with these companies.
Mr. Capurro has a particular emphasis in capital markets transactions and has represented issuers and underwriters in a broad range of matters, including:
- Initial public offerings
- De-SPAC transactions
- Secondary and follow-on offerings
- Registered and 144A convertible debt offerings
- High yield debt offerings
- Strategic investments
Mr. Capurro regularly advises companies in matters involving corporate governance, state and federal securities laws, fiduciary duties, employment and compensation, and Securities Exchange Act compliance and disclosure obligations.
Mr. Capurro’s recent issuer-side representations include:
- GCM Grosvenor in its US$2.0 billion business combination with CF Finance Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, and listing on NASDAQ
- Advantage Solutions in its US$5.2 billion business combination with Conyers Park II Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, and listing on NASDAQ
- Virgin Galactic its US$1.5 billion merger with Social Capital Hedosophia, a special purpose acquisition company, and listing on the NYSE, and its subsequent primary and secondary offerings
- Guardant Health in its US$273 million IPO, as well as its subsequent equity and convertible debt offerings
- SciPlay Corporation in its US$352 million IPO and listing on the NASDAQ GS
- Switch, Inc. in its US$611 million IPO and listing on the NYSE
Mr. Capurro’s recent underwriter-side representations include:
- The underwriters in connection with the US$143 million IPO of Vir Biotechnology, Inc., and its US$345 million follow-on offering
- The underwriters in connection with the US$90 million IPO of Spruce Biosciences, Inc.
- The underwriters in connection with the US$70 million IPO of Avedro, Inc.
- The underwriters in connection with the US$107.5 million IPO of Neuronetics, Inc.
- The initial purchasers in connection with US$600 million convertible note offering by BioMarin
- The initial purchasers in connection with US$287.5 million convertible note offering by Glaukos
Recent clients among underwriters include Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, Bank of America, Piper Sandler and Cowen.