Denis Criton is a partner in the Paris office of Latham & Watkins. He specializes in mergers and acquisitions, with particular expertise in leveraged acquisitions (LBOs). He has considerable experience representing private equity institutions in connection with acquisitions, disposals, and restructurings. For more than 15 years, he has been representing French and foreign investors on strategic transactions and joint ventures.
Mr. Criton is a member of the Recruiting Committee. He was a member of the Associates Committee of Latham from 2006-2008, in charge of internal progression of associates at the firm level.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Criton worked in the London and Paris offices of several leading law firms.
Mr. Criton's experience includes advising:
- Mobivia, Europe’s largest independent automotive maintenance and repair services group, on its acquisition of A.T.U, the German automotive services market leader
- BC Partners in connection with the sale of a minority stake in Allflex, a provider of animal identification technology and solutions, to Public Sector Pension Investment Board
- Bain Capital on its acquisition of Groupe Autodistribution, SA, a France-based distributor of car and other automotive components, from TowerBrook Capital Partners L.P., the US-based private equity firm and Investcorp, a Bahrain-based investment group
- Intermediate Capital Group on its acquisition of Stella Holding, a France-based manufacturer of custom-made curtains, roller shutters, gates, and sectional doors
- Mobivia on its sale of Buzzcar, a peer-to-peer car rental company, to Drivy, concurrent with an investment by a consortium comprised of Mobivia, BPI France, Index Ventures, and Alven Capital in Drivy, a provider of online car rental services
- Allflex on its US$250 million acquisition of SCR Engineers, an Israel-based manufacturer of monitoring technologies for farm management
- Wendel/Materis in the sale of Chryso, the France-based designer and manufacturer of admixtures and additives for concrete, cement, to LBO France
- Cinven in the sale of Sebia, the in-vitro diagnostics protein testing business, to Montagu Private Equity and Astorg Partners
- Advent international in the acquisition by The Douglas Group; controlled at the time by Advent International and the Kreke family; of Nocibé, a French perfume retailer
- Wendel/Materis in the sale of its subsidiary Parex Group, world leader in specialty dry-mix solutions with a presence in 21 countries
- Wendel/Materis in the sale of Kerneos, a manufacturer of calcium aluminates for the construction and refractory segments, to Astorg Partners