With more than 50 lawyers in Latham’s Milan office, qualified in both Italian and US law, we provide clients with innovative, targeted, and responsive legal services, often collaboratively developing creative solutions and structures. Latham’s Italian team has successfully steered some of the most important and complex matters in the Italian and international markets, including strategic M&As, IPOs, restructurings, and complex capital markets transactions.
We advise Italian and international companies, private equity funds, banks, major financial institutions, and organizations operating across diverse sectors on corporate, transactional, finance, and litigation matters.
As part of a full-service firm, Italian Latham lawyers regularly assist clients with:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Capital markets transactions (including private placements, IPOs, and other debt and equity offerings)
- Banking and finance transactions (including restructuring and insolvency matters)
- Real estate transactions
- Litigation (including antitrust disputes)
Latham’s Milan lawyers leverage the firm’s integrated, global platform to deliver exceptional results. Drawing on extensive experience, the team regularly advises on inbound and outbound Italian and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, as well as capital markets matters, including US Securities and Exchange Commission-registered deals, private placements, Rule 144A and Regulation S offerings, IPOs, and other debt and equity transactions. In addition, the team represents Italian banks and companies on leveraged and bridge financings, and integrated bank and bond products.
Awards & Rankings
- A top ranked Italian practice in Private Equity, M&A, Banking & Finance, Debt and Equity Capital Markets, in both Chambers Europe 2020 and The Legal 500 2020
- Latham was named Italian Firm of the Year at the IFLR Europe Awards 2020 for securing roles on a number of landmark transactions