November 12, 2019
Five Latham & Watkins partners have been named 2019 MVPs by Law360 in the legal news service’s annual recognition of leading lawyers across a range of practice and industry areas. The honorees "have distinguished themselves from their peers by securing hard-earned successes in high-stakes litigation, complex global matters and record-breaking deals," according to Law360.
The 2019 Latham MVP honorees include:
- Gary E. Axelrod, a Chicago partner and Global Co-Chair of the firm's Hospitality, Gaming & Leisure Industry Group, named in Law360’s Hospitality category. His practice focuses on complex business transactions in the real estate, hospitality, gaming, and leisure industries, advising clients that include real estate private equity sponsors and funds, REITs, institutional investors, operating companies, and entrepreneurial developers engaged in all aspects of real estate investment and development. He regularly represents owners and operators in connection with the sale, acquisition, development, financing, ownership, and management of hotel, resort, and gaming properties. He was previously honored by Law360 as a Hospitality MVP in 2016 and 2015.
- Daniel Meron, a Washington, D.C. partner who serves as Global Co-Chair of the firm’s Healthcare Services & Providers Industry Group, in Law360's Healthcare category. He has deep regulatory, investigatory, and litigation experience, representing a broad array of companies in the healthcare and life sciences industries in high stakes litigation and investigations, as well as providing sophisticated and practical compliance advice. He was previously honored as a Law360 Health MVP in 2016.
- Andrea J. Schwartzman, a New York partner and Global Co-Chair of the Investment Funds Practice, recognized in the Fund Formation category. She advises private fund sponsors, asset managers, and institutional investors on a broad range of issues, including the structuring and formation of private investment funds, internal operations of funds, and regulatory compliance. She has significant experience advising on cross-border transactions involving private funds and investors throughout the world, including Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and Latin America.
- Lisa G. Watts, a New York partner and member of the firm’s Executive Committee, named in Law360’s Tax category. She brings nearly two decades of experience advising clients on complex domestic and cross-border transactional tax issues, including corporate and partnership taxation. Watts regularly serves private equity firms, US-based and foreign public and private companies, REITs and UPREITs, partnerships and limited liability companies, as well as investment banks.
- Stephen P. Wink, a New York partner and member of the Financial Institutions Group, FinTech Industry Group, and Co-Chair of the firm’s Global Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Task Force, named in Law360’s FinTech category. He advises a wide range of market players including investment banks, hedge funds, private equity firms, FinTech companies, exchanges, alternative trading platforms, transfer agents, and other financial institutions on matters involving the regulation of markets and broker-dealers, as well as related compliance and enforcement matters.