Private Debt Investor names HPS Investment Partners, LLC’s US$1 billion senior secured credit facility to Bombardier as among the top 10 transactions that have helped shape the asset class.
Stelios G. Saffos advises many of the world’s leading private equity sponsors, asset managers, financial institutions, and companies on investments and financings at all levels of the corporate structure, from initial public offerings and traditional loan and bond structures through complex structured equity and mezzanine financings.
Mr. Saffos advises clients on investments and accessing capital through:
- Initial public offerings, direct listings, and deSPAC mergers
- Secured and unsecured high-yield debt offerings
- Direct lending and other private capital transactions
- Bridge lending and loan commitments
- Preferred, growth, and control equity investments
- Debt exchange offers and tender offers
- Workouts and restructuring transactions
- Mezzanine financings
He also serves as a strategic advisor to both domestic and foreign companies with respect to their most sensitive and highest-stakes general corporate, finance, and securities matters.
Mr. Saffos provides clients a sophisticated sense of what is at market, drawing on diverse financing experience and well-established relationships with global investment banks, private equity funds, venture capital funds, direct lenders and alternative capital providers, and innovative companies, including high-growth and disruptive entities in the technology, consumer, retail, and healthcare sectors.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Saffos served as a Judicial Clerk to United States District Judge Joseph H. Rodriguez.
- Recommended Lawyer for Nationwide Capital Markets: Debt & Equity
Chambers USA 2021-2022
- Recommended Lawyer for Capital Markets: High Yield
The Legal 500 US 2022
- Up and Coming for Capital Markets: Debt & Equity
Chambers USA 2020
- Next Generation Partner for Capital Markets: High Yield
The Legal 500 US 2020-2021
- “A force in the New York capital markets space”
Chambers USA 2021
- “An increasingly prominent up-and-coming partner”
The Legal 500 US 2020
- Recommended for Capital Markets: Debt Offerings
The Legal 500 US 2019