Mike Hart-Slattery advises clients on complex legal, regulatory, and compliance matters, with an emphasis on regulatory matters related to investment advisers and private equity funds. He is also a CFA® charterholder.
Mr. Hart-Slattery has assisted clients in a broad range of matters, including:
- Structuring, managing, and operating investment advisers and investment funds, including fund formation and restructuring, GP-led secondary transactions, management team spin-outs, and minority stake investments
- SEC examinations and enforcement investigations
- Regulatory compliance, including with respect to the SEC’s Custody Rule, Marketing Rule, and Pay-to-Play Rule
- Portfolio company structuring
- M&A transactions involving asset managers
- Family office considerations
Before law school, Mr. Hart-Slattery was an associate in the global equity beta solutions group of a large investment adviser. In his early career, he worked as a pricing specialist for a large custodian bank.