Chambers USA recognized the firm as a “powerhouse in the capital markets space.”
Loren Finegold is a partner in the Structured Finance Practice. He advises clients on a broad range of complex financial transactions, with a particular emphasis on innovative and highly structured asset-based solutions involving traditional and private capital financing sources.
Mr. Finegold helps a full spectrum of market participants in navigating sophisticated asset-backed transactions in a broad range of asset classes, such as:
- Digital infrastructure and telecommunications asset securitization, including hyperscale and collocation data centers, wireless towers, and related assets
- Energy securitization, traditional and renewable
- Acquisition and financing of performing and distressed portfolios (corporate, mortgage & consumer)
- Collateralized loan obligations (CLOs) and back-leverage facilities to originate, accumulate, and finance loan portfolios
- Warehouse financing transactions (including revolving credit facilities and repo and TRS lines)
- Supply chain finance, including US and cross-border receivables securitization, factoring, and related transactions
Forging a path at the forefront of esoteric asset securitization, Mr. Finegold has pioneered a number of new asset classes and transaction structures, including the “first ever” securitizations of hyperscale and collocation data centers and wireless tower ground leases, and the “first ever” securitization of proven developed producing (PDP) oil & gas wells in a “master trust” structure.
Mr. Finegold started his career in structured finance consulting at PricewaterhouseCoopers, gaining a unique, multi-disciplinary perspective in the early growth years of the structured finance market. He draws from that background and leverages broad experience to tailor solutions to clients’ unique business needs, with examples including:
- Financing of “earned pay” receivables for a leading fintech company
- Structured investments in future revenue streams of portfolio companies for private equity sponsor
- Bespoke repo, credit-linked note, participation, and JV structures to provide efficient financing, mitigate risk, and optimize regulatory and tax considerations
He also maintains an active pro bono practice, including participating for many years in the New York City Bar Association’s Monday Night Law pro bono clinic, providing guidance to the public on a wide range of consumer, tenant, and small business legal needs. Mr. Finegold is the former Global Vice Chair of the firm's Structured Finance & Securitization Practice.