Latham teams recognized for their representation for clients Dairy of Farmers of America Inc. and Mallinckrodt.
Jason Gott advises borrowers and other clients on all aspects of distressed situations and liability management.
Mr. Gott advises borrowers, investors, acquirers, and other creditors in distressed situations, including:
- Out-of-court restructurings
- Chapter 11 and chapter 7 proceedings
- Prepackaged, prearranged, and involuntary bankruptcies
- Debtor-in-possession financings
- Cross-border bankruptcies
- Acquisition of distressed assets in or out of bankruptcy
- Related state and federal court litigation
Mr. Gott combines experience and decisiveness to provide clients with clear guidance in business-critical scenarios. He draws on an academic background in economics and finance to navigate the multifaceted challenges of the restructuring process. Through his service on Latham & Watkins’ Bankruptcy Advisory Committee, he also advises the firm as a creditor in distressed situations.
As part of his pro bono practice, Mr. Gott has worked with the Chicago Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and the National Veterans Legal Services Program.