Global Competition Review’s renowned annual rankings celebrate Latham’s banner year of legal innovation and history-making work.
Jason Cruise is a partner in the Washington, D.C. office of Latham & Watkins. He is recognized as a leading antitrust and competition lawyer in the Who’s Who Legal 2017-2021 guide, as one of the Top 10 Antitrust Lawyers in North America by MergerLinks in 2020 and 2021, and as a recommended lawyer for antitrust by The Legal 500 US.
Mr. Cruise focuses on a variety of antitrust matters, including obtaining clearance of mergers and acquisitions from the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the US Department of Justice (DOJ), and other competition authorities around the world, including China's State Administration for Market Regulation (SAMR). He also represents clients in connection with FTC and DOJ civil and criminal investigations. In addition, he represents corporations and individuals in complex civil antitrust litigation involving claims of price fixing and monopolization, and counsels clients on a wide range of antitrust issues such as competitor collaboration, information sharing, and sales and marketing practices.
Mr. Cruise is a former member of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee.
Select publications and lectures include:
- "FTC Turns Up the Pressure on Oil and Gas M&A", Latham & Watkins Client Alert, April 4, 2022
- Guest Lecturer, Global Antitrust Law Seminar, George Mason University Law School, April 2021
- Guest Lecturer, Global Antitrust Law Seminar, George Mason University Law School, April 2020
- “Antitrust Enforcement Trends in 2019: Practical Guide for Businesses,” Knowledge Group Webcast, June 6, 2019
- “Three Key Issues for Managing Discovery in Global Merger Investigations: Coordinating Multijurisdictional Antitrust Reviews in Light of New Developments in UK and EU Merger Control Investigations,” Journal of European Competition Law & Practice, February 26, 2019
- “Five Global Merger Control Developments You Need to Know: 2018 Midyear Report,” Law360 Competition e-newsletter, July 6, 2018
- Guest Lecturer, Global Antitrust Law Seminar, George Mason University Law School, March 2018
- DOJ Enforcement Update, ABA Corporate Counseling Committee, February 22, 2018
- “DOJ Files Unusual Suit to Unwind a Consummated Merger: 3 Lessons,” Client Alert, September 29, 2017
- “The Philippine Antitrust Regime in a Post Transition World,” 2017 In-House Congress Manila, July 13, 2017
- “China’s MOFCOM Announces First-Ever Gun-Jumping Penalty in a Transaction Not Involving a Chinese Company,” Client Alert, January 9, 2017
- “10 Takeaways From Recent Global Merger Control Timelines,” Law360, December 2, 2016
- “5 Global Merger Control Developments You Need To Know,” Law360 Competition e-newsletter, July 18, 2016
- “Merger Control: How Remedies are Approached in Different Jurisdictions,” ABA Section of International Law’s International Antitrust Committee, June 23, 2016
- “Annual HSR Threshold Adjustments Announced,” Client Alert, January 22, 2016
- “International Antitrust Committee: The Newsletter,” ABA Section of International Law Fall Newsletter, October 13, 2015
- “FTC Limits Investment Rental Property Exemption,” Client Alert, July 30, 2015
- “Practical Guide to the US Merger Review Process,” Concurrences Competition Law Journal, January 31, 2014