Jamie Lynn Walter advises clients on a wide range of complex legal, regulatory, and compliance matters across the asset management industry.
Ms. Walter draws on more than a decade of both public and private sector experience to help asset managers and financial institutions navigate all aspects of securities regulation, compliance, examination, and enforcement matters, including:
- Structuring, managing, and operating investment advisers and investment funds, including fund formations and restructurings, GP-led secondary transactions, succession planning arrangements, management team spin-outs, and minority stake investments
- SEC examinations and enforcement investigations
- Regulatory compliance
- Portfolio company structuring
- SPAC, M&A, and IPO transactions involving asset managers
- Family office considerations
Ms. Walter has served as lead counsel to several of the world’s largest asset managers and has successfully counseled clients through numerous complex SEC examinations and enforcement investigations.
Ms. Walter previously served as Senior Counsel in the Private Funds Branch of the US Securities and Exchange Commission’s Division of Investment Management. At the SEC, she advised on a broad range of matters involving investment advisers and investment funds, including private funds, mutual funds, and exchange-traded funds, and played a key role in several SEC rulemakings. She also lectures at Howard University and frequently engages in thought leadership on regulatory issues affecting the asset management industry.
Ms. Walter served as a law clerk to Judge Jacques L. Wiener, Jr. on the Fifth Circuit.