Healthcare & Life Sciences counsel honored as a leader in digital health.
Heather Deixler counsels public and private companies operating in the healthcare industry on transactional and regulatory matters.
Ms. Deixler focuses on the intersection of healthcare, life sciences, and technology. She advises a wide range of public and private companies, including healthcare providers and healthcare systems, digital health, e-commerce, medical device, therapeutics, genetics, and bioscience companies on cutting-edge matters and initiatives including:
- Innovative healthcare delivery systems, including value-based enterprises, clinically integrated networks, IPAs, Medicare ACOs, and other value-based payment programs
- AI / machine learning solutions
- Data rights
- Data use and protection
- Genomic privacy
- General data privacy and security matters, including data privacy and security policies and procedures, and online privacy policies and terms of service
- Information blocking and interoperability
- Real-world data / evidence generation
- Data breach response
Ms. Deixler is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US and CIPP/E) and focuses on all aspects of digital health, including advising clients on various laws and regulations governing healthcare regulatory issues as well as data privacy and consumer protection, including:
- Stark Law, the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, and state law equivalents
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA)
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
- Federal Trade Commission Act
- Telemarketing laws
- Self-regulatory and online behavioral advertising guidelines
Ms. Deixler previously served as an Adjunct Professor in the Health Law LLM program at the University of Washington School of Law. Prior to attending law school she worked as a research technician in a neurophysiology laboratory in Dijon, France, and as a clinical research assistant at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston.