Dr. Dominik Schöneberger, an associate in the Corporate Department of Latham & Watkins’ Frankfurt office and member of the German Financial Institutions Group, advises domestic and international clients on both transactional and financial regulatory matters.
Mr. Schöneberger advises on regulatory, compliance, and transactional matters relating to banking law, bank regulation, and capital markets regulation, most recently including ICOs. He primarily handles the following topics:
- Prudential supervision of banks and investment firms (including CRR/CRD IV)
- M&A in the financial industry
- Bank recovery and resolution
- Securities related compliance (including MAR and MiFID II)
- Fintech innovations and ICOs
- Regulatory enforcement and investigations
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Schöneberger worked as a legal trainee at the European Central Bank, an international credit institution, and the firm´s Frankfurt office.
He wrote his doctorate thesis on the bank restructuring law in Germany and the United States during his work as a research assistant at a chair of corporate law.
Further, he is co-author of a commentary on the German Supervisory Act on Payment Services (ZAG – Kommentar zum Zahlungsdiensteaufsichtsgesetz).