Associates Allison Blanco and Tara Tavernia honored as the next generation of leaders in law.
Allison Blanco advises clients on complex commercial issues at the intersection of business and intellectual property law.
Ms. Blanco draws on her extensive background in economics and international business to guide individuals and companies at all phases of maturity, from start-ups to Fortune 100 corporations, on:
- Licensing and commercializing IP assets involving technology, software, trademarks, copyright, and content
- Internet law, including web-scraping, Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA) matters, website terms of service, cybersquatting, and domain name recovery and management
- Trademark counseling, prosecution, and worldwide trademark portfolio management
- Trademark and copyright infringement litigation
- False advertising, commercial disparagement and defamation, rights of publicity, and unfair competition disputes
- Trade secret counseling and litigation
- High-stakes business disputes
She forges trusted relationships and approaches each matter with a commercial perspective to devise solutions that help clients achieve their business objectives. Ms. Blanco holistically identifies clients’ legal imperatives and leverages the firm’s robust global platform to promptly address them, particularly on matters involving copyright and data protection.
Ms. Blanco maintains an active pro bono practice, including advising start-ups, individuals, and nonprofits on trademark applications and copyright cease-and-desist matters.
While in law school, Ms. Blanco worked for the US Attorney’s Office of the Central District of California and the Honorable Arthur C. Alarcón of the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.