Leading French competition publication Concurrences selected three Latham articles from among more than 1,200 academic, business, and soft law pieces submitted globally.
Alfred C. Pfeiffer, Jr., former Global Vice Chair of Latham’s Litigation & Trial Department and former Co-Chair of the Antitrust & Competition Practice, represents clients in civil antitrust matters and other complex commercial disputes.
Mr. Pfeiffer, a trial lawyer, represents Fortune 500 companies across industries in high-stakes antitrust and complex commercial litigation. Drawing on more than 30 years of trial experience, he guides clients to successful resolutions, regularly winning at all stages of litigation, including when cases go to trial. He has developed a particular focus on antitrust claims involving dominant firm conduct.
Mr. Pfeiffer’s work includes representing clients, as both plaintiffs and defendants, in dozens of jurisdictions across the country, including:
- Federal district courts
- United States Courts of Appeal for the Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, and Eleventh Circuits
- Arbitration tribunals
He has also successfully represented clients involved in investigations conducted by the US Department of Justice and the California Attorney General.
Mr. Pfeiffer’s work has earned widespread recognition from legal publications including:
- Chambers USA
- The Legal 500 US
- Who's Who Legal 2022, Recommended - Competition (Global Leader)
- Benchmark Litigation, named as a Litigation Star
- The Deal, named as a “Mover and Shaker”
- Global Competition Review, Lawyer of the Year Award – Finalist
- Best Lawyers, listed in the Antitrust Law category every year since 2008
- Best Lawyers, San Francisco, Antitrust Law Lawyer of the Year 2012
- Law360, Antitrust MVP 2011
- California Lawyer, Lawyer of the Year 2000
Mr. Pfeiffer has been active for many years in the leadership of the ABA’s Section on Antitrust. He serves on the Long Range Planning Committee and previously served on the leadership Council, as chair of the Intellectual Property Committee, on the Committee Operations Task Force, and as chair of the Communications Industry Committee. He co-authored the ABA Antitrust Section’s Telecom Antitrust Handbook.