In their tenth annual GCR Awards, leading antitrust publication Global Competition Review (GCR) honored Latham with multiple accolades, including the two most coveted of the year: Lawyer of the Year for Bay Area partner Dan Wall and Lifetime Achievement for Washington, D.C. retired partner Peggy Zwisler.A cross-border team representing Facebook before Germany’s highest courts also took home the GCR Award for Behavioural Matter of the Year – Europe.
Additionally, several Latham teams and individuals were honored as GCR Award Finalists in the following categories:
- Merger Control Matter of the Year: Europe, “Novelis/Aleris”
- Litigation of the Year: Non-cartel Defence, “PNE Energy Supply v Eversource Energy”
- Matter of the Year, “Facebook appeal against the Bundeskartellamt”
- Dealmaker of the Year: Amanda Reeves, partner and Global Chair of Latham’s antitrust practice
- Lawyer of the Year, Under 40: associate Jan Höft
The broad array of lawyers and matters honored illustrates one of Latham’s strengths and differentiators: a truly global team with the deep expertise to tackle the most complex and precedent-setting antitrust matters around the world.
Each year, GCR spotlights the matters, lawyers, economists and enforcers that made the competition industry sit up and take notice over the prior 12 months. GCR Award finalists are chosen by the publication’s editors and winners are voted on by GCR readers, who represent the entire spectrum of the international antitrust community.