Dr. Yasmina Borhani is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the firm’s Litigation & Trial Department. She has a broad practice within commercial litigation and international arbitration.
Ms. Borhani qualified as a solicitor at Latham in September 2015, having trained with the firm in the Technology Transactions Group, and in the Antitrust & Competition, Finance and Litigation & Trial Departments.
Ms. Borhani's representative experience includes advising:
- A major transport company on its successful application for judicial review in the High Court against a decision by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs to impose significant VAT liability on the company
- A Middle Eastern bank in respect of an alleged breach of contract and claims in fraud and deceit
- A multi-national healthcare group in relation to UK aspects of a potential SEC investigation
- A telecommunications company in English High Court proceedings for an injunction and in Arbitration proceedings at the LCIA
- A global consumer electronics company in an antitrust defense and counterclaim to a patent infringement action brought in the English High Court by nine members of the MPEG-2 patent pool
- Privacy Blog: The “Right to be Forgotten” Landmark Decision: Beyond the Headlines