Victoria VanStekelenburg represents private equity firms and their portfolio companies in mergers, acquisitions, and other complex business transactions.
Drawing on her experience in multifaceted and cross-border private equity matters, Ms. VanStekelenburg helps clients successfully and expeditiously navigate significant deals. She regularly advises on multijurisdictional transactions involving companies that operate worldwide. Her deal work encompasses diverse industries, from technology and manufacturing to government contracts and consumer products.
Ms. VanStekelenburg counsels clients throughout every stage of the investment lifecycle, from purchase to sale. She also works with portfolio companies over the course of their life with a fund, including in connection with add-on acquisitions and governance matters. Regardless of the matter at hand, Ms. VanStekelenburg applies big-picture thinking and a collaborative approach to help clients address key legal and business challenges.
Ms. VanStekelenburg has held several firm leadership roles. She previously served as Co-Chair of the firm’s D.C. Women Lawyers Group, an affinity group that fosters connections among women lawyers. She also previously served on the firm’s Associates Committee, a body comprising associates and partners that manages associate performance reviews and makes partnership recommendations, as well as the Training & Career Enhancement Committee, which develops and oversees in-house training and mentoring programs for associates.
Ms. VanStekelenburg’s experience includes advising:
- The Carlyle Group in its:
- €10.1 billion leveraged acquisition of AkzoNobel’s specialty chemicals business
- Take-private acquisition with GTCR of Albany Molecular Research
- US$2.07 billion sale of Landmark Aviation, an operator of a global network of fixed-base operations (FBOs), aircraft maintenance and aircraft management, and charter businesses, to BBA Aviation
- Approximately US$122 million sale of Primatics Financial, an enterprise software company, to SS&C Technologies
- US$4.15 billion acquisition of Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, a global provider of solutions for screening and confirming diseases, from Johnson & Johnson
- US$1.45 billion sale of Precision Flow Systems by BC Partners and Carlyle to Ingersoll-Rand plc (NYSE: IR)
- US$1.9 billion sale of Wesco Aircraft, a provider of supply chain management services to the global aerospace industry, to Platinum Equity
- Acquisition of Unison Software, a provider of software for federal agencies and government contractors
- Platinum Equity in its:
- €200 million divestiture of the European and Asian operations of Mactac, a global pressure-sensitive materials business, to Avery Dennison
- Joint venture with Ball and the acquisition of Ball’s tinplate food and aerosol packaging businesses
- US$3.85 billion acquisition of Husky Injection Molding Systems, a leading supplier of injection molding equipment and services to the global plastics industry
- DC Capital Partners in connection with:
- An affiliate’s strategic investment in Revenue Solutions, a provider of public sector tax processing and compliance software
- A strategic partnership between DC Capital Partners and Digital Force Technologies, a manufacturer of force protection and tactical surveillance products for government customers
- Pharmaceutical Product Development, a leading global contract research organization, in its acquisition from Symphony Technology Group of Evidera
- Capitol Acquisition Corporation III in its combination with Cision at an enterprise value of approximately US$2.4 billion
- An investment fund and asset management business specializing in the acquisition of cash flows arising from intellectual property in film, television, and music, in the sale of its asset management business to a blue-chip private equity firm