Vicki Marmorstein is a partner of Latham & Watkins, and a member of the Finance Department. Ms. Marmorstein previously served as Global Chair of Latham’s Finance Department.
Ms. Marmorstein’s practice focuses on finance and corporate transactions including the representation of:
- Fund advisors and funds and investment vehicles of all types, including credit funds, CLOs, CDOs, hedge funds, opportunistic funds, private equity funds, mezzanine funds, distressed debt funds, middle market funds, BDCs and other funds, international and domestic, leveraged and unleveraged, and buyers and sellers in investment manager and fund acquisition transactions
- Borrowers, lenders, issuers, placement agents, structurers, restructuring advisors, investors, and other participants in the credit and structured products markets
- Financial institutions and other regulated entities including insurance companies
- Media and entertainment enterprises internationally
- Multinational corporations and other parties in all sorts of business transactions and corporate and finance matters
Ms. Marmorstein is an adjunct professor at the UCLA School of Law, where she teaches a course on Complex Finance Transactions. She is a member, and on the Scholarship Selection Committee, of 100 Women in Hedge Funds LA and is also a member of the Friends of the Alliance for Children’s Rights Council. Ms. Marmorstein practiced commercial law for several years in Asia.
Ms. Marmorstein has received numerous awards and rankings for her finance experience. In 2019, Ms. Marmorstein won Lawyer Monthly’s Women in Law Award and their Capital Markets – USA Award. She was recognized as a “Women Leader in Law” by The American Lawyer and Corporate Counsel. For two consecutive years, Ms. Marmorstein was selected by her peers to be included in Best Lawyers of America for her work in the practice area of Banking and Finance law. She has been recognized as a leading practitioner in Structured Finance and Securitization by Experts Guide in Banking Finance and Transactional Lawyers 2014, Women in Business Law 2014: 4th Edition, Who's Who Legal: Capital Markets 2014 as “‘a world leader’ in dealing with investment vehicles of all types, including credit funds, CLOs and CDOs,” Guide to the World’s Leading Banking Lawyers 2012 as “one of the world’s leading attorneys in banking,” and in Guide to the World’s Leading Structured Finance and Securitization Lawyers 2012 as “one of the world’s leading attorneys in structured finance and securitization.” Additionally, in 2012, she was nominated by her peers as one of the world’s leading practitioners in banking by The International Who’s Who of Banking Lawyers. In 2011, Ms. Marmorstein was selected to be included in the inaugural national publication of Super Lawyers Business Edition.
Ms. Marmorstein has developed significant experience in complex finance, corporate and securities transactions, representing multinational companies and funds in the documentation and negotiation of various types of domestic and cross-border financings, structured products, joint venture arrangements, and business transactions and investments. These representations have included:
- Asset manager representations, asset manager mergers and acquisitions, and fund issuances and investments
- Credit transactions including non-investment grade and investment grade borrowing and lending transactions including senior debt, secured debt, middle market, subordinated and mezzanine transactions, among others, in the credit space and credit protection including swaps
- Securitizations and structured products transactions
- Entertainment industry matters, cross border commercial transactions, and general business transactions
- Distressed debt, workout and bankruptcy related transactions, and ISDA and hedging transactions