Thomas Forschbach is a partner in Latham & Watkins' London and Paris offices. He has advised international clients on mergers and acquisitions and private equity for over 25 years and is one of Europe’s most experienced and renowned lawyers in his field.
Triple-qualified in French, English, and German law, Mr. Forschbach is active on both French and cross-border leveraged buyout (LBO) transactions across a broad spectrum of industry sectors.
Clients describe Mr. Forschbach as “Excellent.”
Chambers Europe 2019
Recognized for his work in Private Equity: Transactions by The Legal 500 2018
Lawyer of the Year Best Lawyers 2018
Thomas Forschbach is “a leader” in the French private equity market. Qualified in France, Germany and the UK, he boasts extensive experience advising institutional investors and private equity clients on high-profile transactions.
Chambers Europe 2018
Mr. Forschbach’s representative matters over the last two years include advising:
- Eurazeo Capital in its acquisition of Dutch Ophthalmic Research Center (DORC), a medical technology company from Montagu
- BC Partners in its sale of the Antelliq Group, a France-based developer of digital animal identification, traceability, and monitoring solutions to Merck for €3.25 billion
- Intermediate Capital Group in its sale of the Stella Group, a France-based manufacturer of custom-made curtains, roller shutters, gates, and sectional doors, to PAI Partners
- Astorg in its acquisition of Nemera, a leading global manufacturer of drug administration systems for the pharmaceutical industry
- Ardian in its sale of Groupe SIACI SAINT HONORE
- SGG Group, a portfolio company of Astorg Partners, in its acquisition of First Names Group from AnaCap Financial Partners
- PAI Partners in its acquisition of Albéa, a Luxembourg-based manufacturer of plastic packaging products for the beauty and personal care market
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) in its acquisition of a 30% stake in GE Water & Process Technologies, a leading provider of water treatment solutions
- Eurazeo in its disposal of Asmodee to PAI Partners
- Imerys in its disposal of its roofing division to Centerbridge
- KKR in its acquisition of Webhelp, a France-based provider of outsourced customer relationship management (CRM) services