Terra Reynolds, Co-Chair of the Chicago Litigation & Trial Department and a former federal prosecutor, represents clients in white collar criminal defense, internal and government investigations, and complex litigation matters, particularly within the healthcare and life sciences industry.
Ms. Reynolds represents multinational pharmaceutical and medical device companies, market-leading domestic healthcare companies, and individual executives. She regularly represents clients before:
- The US Department of Justice (DOJ)
- US Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (HHS OIG)
- US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
She helps clients navigate matters involving:
- The False Claims Act (FCA)
- Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS)
- Food Drug and Cosmetic Act (FDCA)
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
Ms. Reynolds draws on extensive experience litigating complex federal matters, having tried more than a dozen federal criminal cases and having led numerous complex investigations. She also has briefed and argued matters before the US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
Ms. Reynolds served for more than a decade as an Assistant US Attorney in the Northern District of Illinois, most recently as a Deputy Chief.
Ms. Reynolds is an adjunct professor of trial advocacy at Northwestern University School of Law and is a member of Latham’s Chicago Women Enriching Business committee.
A sampling of Ms. Reynolds’ experience includes representing:
A medical device company with an internal investigation into a cross-border supply chain issue
- A hospital system with an internal investigation of a clinical trial research program
- A pharmaceutical company with an internal review of its patient support program*
- A multinational pharmaceutical company in preparing a crisis management plan*
- A hospital system in criminal and civil DOJ anti-kickback investigations
- A provider of rehabilitation management services in DOJ civil healthcare fraud investigations, resulting in declinations to intervene in whistleblower lawsuits
- A global medical device company in a DOJ FCPA investigation of conduct in Latin America, resulting in a declination
- A former medical device company executive in a DOJ civil health care fraud investigation, resulting in a declination
- A multinational pharmaceutical company in connection with a DOJ investigation into its patient support program, drug pricing, and specialty pharmacy issues*
- A domestic pharmaceutical company in connection with FDA and DOJ investigations into its sales and marketing practices*
A revenue cycle management company in a non-intervened qui tam lawsuit alleging violations of the FCA and AKS
- Respondent in an ICC arbitration in Singapore concerning allegations of fraud arising from a multi-billion dollar acquisition of an international pharmaceutical company*
- Private equity investors on prospective healthcare transactions
- A multinational pharmaceutical company in connection with its FCPA due diligence across four continents associated with a multi-billion dollar acquisition*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham & Watkins