Steven B. Stokdyk is a leading corporate lawyer with extensive securities, finance, acquisition, and governance experience representing companies, principal investors, and investment banks in a variety of industries, including technology, financial institutions, healthcare, gaming, and real estate. Mr. Stokdyk is the former Global Co-Chair of the firm's Public Company Representation Practice and former Local Chair of the Corporate Department.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Initial public offerings
- High-yield, convertible, and secured debt offerings
- Private equity and debt investments
He also regularly advises public and private clients on corporate governance and structure, securities law compliance, and strategic transactions.
Mr. Stokdyk represents public and private companies in their most significant M&A transactions, as well as strategic/activist defense, proxy contest, and other corporate control matters. Transactions highlights include:
- Acquisitions or dispositions for Encore Capital Group, United Online, Teladoc, Golden Entertainment, URS Corporation, Breitburn Energy, Boston Scientific, Live Nation, ASGN Incorporated, Motorcar Parts of America, Tutor-Saliba, KB Home, MRV Communications, Neptune Orient Lines, and numerous other public and private companies
- Significant transactions for Oaktree Capital, Gores, Capital Group, Susquehanna International, sovereign wealth funds, and other private equity investors
- Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Moelis, Stifel, Canaccord and other investment banks as financial advisors in a wide variety of public company merger transactions
An experienced capital markets lawyer, he has extensive experience representing issuers and investment banks in a wide variety of equity and debt offerings. Transaction highlights include:
- More than 50 initial public offerings, including Parsons Corporation, Luther Burbank Corporation, YogaWorks, The Trade Desk, BlackLine, TrueCar, Marcus & Millichap, LegalZoom.com, CKE, Pacific Coast Oil Trust, RealD, Grand Canyon University, Solera, AECOM, Dollar Financial Corp., Sunstone Hotel Investors, LECG, Corio, Pharsight, Palm, Expedia, Korn/Ferry International, UroSurge, Entertainment Properties Trust, BA Merchant Services, Crystal Decisions, Western Wireless Corporation, Business Objects, Vastar Resources, Bufete Industrial, and Spieker Properties
- Equity and equity-linked offerings for Houlihan Lokey, DST, Cardtronics, Forestar, Live Nation, Louisiana Pacific Corporation, Health Care Property Investors, Ameristar Casinos, Encore Capital Group, Ceradyne, and Chart Industries
- Investment grade debt offerings for Gaming & Leisure Properties, Avery Dennison, URS Corporation, National Semiconductor, Tenet Healthcare, Discover Financial Services, Santander Holdings, Costco Wholesale, and Boise Cascade
- High-yield debt offerings for Churchill Downs, T-Mobile, Lawson Software, Cequel Communications, WireCo WorldGroup, Clearwater Paper, JDA Software, Penn Gaming, Isle of Capri, EPR Properties, Millar Western, Motor City Casino, Yonkers Racing, Leslie’s Poolmart, WCA Waste, and numerous other issuers