Stephanie Adams is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the firm’s Litigation & Trial Department. Ms. Adams advises on EU and UK merger control, foreign investment, antitrust, and State aid.
Prior to joining Latham, Ms. Adams worked at a leading international law firm, based in their Brussels office.
Ms. Adams’ recent representative experience includes advising:
- A Swiss Bank on merger control aspects of the combination of its third party investment fund platform with a leading fund solutions provider
- Thomas Cook Group plc on merger control aspects of its restructuring
- Foreign investors in relation to a UK merger control review on public interest grounds of their acquisition of certain UK media assets
- A NASDAQ listed IT company in relation to UK merger control aspects of its acquisition of a European technology company
- Two private equity houses in relation to merger control aspects of their joint acquisitions of a number of businesses in the online travel sector*
- A Finnish listed company in relation to merger control aspects of various auction processes and planning of general merger control strategy*
- A US medical devices company in relation to its acquisition by a US pharmaceutical company, and subsequent litigation of the antitrust covenants in the merger agreement*
- A number of Chinese SOEs on merger control and foreign investment filings for their acquisitions of high profile European industrial targets*
- A European chemical company on merger control aspects of its acquisition of US listed chemicals company*
- A major US corporation on its appeal to the EU General Court of the European Commission’s decision finding illegal State aid*
- A Japanese corporation in relation to the European Commission’s investigation into the capacitors cartel, including in relation to an appeal of the fine to the EU General Court*
- A US technology company in relation to potential abuse of dominance concerns regarding certain of its distribution arrangements
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham