Prof. Dr. Stefan Lunk is a partner in the Hamburg office and practices in the firm’s Benefits, Compensation & Employment Practice. In particular, he advises employers on the co-determination right of the works council, on restructurings and related participation rights, as well as on the negotiation of social compensation plans or collective wage agreements. He regularly advises on labor matters in mergers and acquisitions, as well as downsizings and restructurings of international and domestic companies. Mr. Lunk’s practice further includes individual employment relations, in particular the initiation and termination of officers’ service contracts, as well as proceedings – also on corporate bodies' sites.
In JUVE 2016/2017, Mr. Lunk is recommended for Employment Law and recognized as a leading senior employment partner, as well as a leading name in advice to executives. He is named as a key individual for Employment Law in Chambers Europe Germany 2015 and recognized as Lawyer of the Year for Employment in Germany by Handelsblatt Best Lawyers 2016. Furthermore, he is listed as a leading name in Employment law by The Legal 500 EMEA 2017 and among the 40 leading figures in human resources in Germany in 2015 by Personalmagazin.
Mr. Lunk is the author of numerous publications on German labor and employment law (click here to download a list of selected publications), editor of the book AnwaltFormulare Arbeitsrecht by Deutscher Anwaltverlag, as well as co-author of publications such as Praxishandbuch Betriebsverfassungsrecht by C. H. Beck Verlag and AnwaltKommentar Arbeitsrecht by Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft. He publishes in professional journals and lectures on labor and employment law on a regular basis.
Mr. Lunk has been appointed as chairman of the Employment Law Committee of the German Bar Association and is a member of the managing board of the DAV’s law-making committee.
He is also an honorary professor at the Kiel University Law School where he lectures in employment law.
Mr. Lunk’s experience includes advising:
- Airbus / EADS in major employment law matters, in particular in court representation, arbitration committee proceedings, and negotiations with works councils, group and joint works council
- Various companies of Dow Chemical in Germany in employment law matters, litigation, conciliation committee procedures, and negotiations with works councils
- SPIEGEL-Group in connection with employment matters, including the negotiations of labor-management contracts and restructurings
- HSH Nordbank AG with regard to court representations against executives
- Various private and municipal hospitals in employment law matters, including representation before the Federal Labor Court, initiation and termination of labor contracts for chief physicians, negotiations with works councils, outsourcing, occupational pension scheme topics including VBL, and privatization
- Executives and managing directors in employment law matters, in particular in the initiation and termination of management contracts, compensation models, and liability issues