Sean Wu is an associate in the Shanghai office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Litigation & Trial Department.
Mr. Wu’s practice focuses on advising clients on internal investigations, due diligence, compliance programs, anti-corruption and anti-bribery matters in China.
Mr. Wu has represented and conducted internal and FCPA investigations for multinational and US-listed clients across different industries, including pharmaceutical, medical, internet and technology, and consulting.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Wu worked in the Beijing office of an international law firm.
Mr. Wu’s experience includes:
- Conducting internal investigations for a multinational technology company’s Asia Pacific and Japan offices, in connection with various matters including conflict of interest, financial fraud, anti-bribery and other company procedural violations*
- Conducting an internal investigation for a US-listed China-based consulting company in connection with fraud matters*
- Conducting multiple internal investigations for a multinational pharmaceutical company in connection with financial fraud, off-label promotions and anti-bribery matters*
- Conducting an FCPA investigation for a multinational pharmaceutical company after the Chinese government investigated the company’s violations of PRC anti-bribery laws, including advising the client on disclosures to US DOJ and SEC*
- Representing a US-listed medical device company in connection with regulatory inquiries from Chinese and overseas regulators*
- Performing FCPA compliance due diligence for international venture capital and private equity funds*
- Advising clients on developing and implementing anti-corruption compliance policies and procedures*
*Matter handled prior to joining the firm