Sean Denvir, an experienced M&A lawyer, advises private equity sponsors and public and private companies in a range of industries on strategic corporate transactions.
Mr. Denvir advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, including:
- Leveraged buyouts and take-private transactions
- Joint ventures
- Carve-out transactions
- Minority investments
His experience includes representing clients in the entertainment, sports, and media; technology; retail and consumer products; education; infrastructure; and real estate industries.
Mr. Denvir also regularly provides general corporate representation to public and private company clients in connection with corporate governance and securities law compliance matters.
He combines experience in a full spectrum of complex transactions with a practical commercial sensibility to serve clients efficiently.
Mr. Denvir’s representative experience includes:
Private Equity Transactions
- Leonard Green & Partners in its acquisitions of Charter NEX, Troon Golf, and Savers, as well as in the sale of Scitor to Science Application International Corp.
- Peninsula Pacific in its acquisitions of Brundage-Bone Concrete Pumping and Eco-Pan, and the business combination of Concrete Pumping Holdings with Industrea Acquisition Corp., a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company
- Marlin Equity Partners in its acquisitions of HotSchedules and Fourth
- Rizvi Traverse Management, in its take private acquisition of RealD
- The Carlyle Group in its acquisition of Park Water Company
Entertainment and Media Transactions
MGM Studios in its acquisitions of United Artists Media Group and Big Fish Entertainment
- Ithaca Holdings in its acquisitions of Big Machine Label Group and Atlas Music Publishing, the formation of Mythos Studios, and various other investment transactions
- Participant Media in its joint venture with DreamWorks Studios, Steven Spielberg, Reliance Entertainment, Entertainment One, Alibaba, and NBCUniversal to form Amblin Partners
- Verizon Media in its acquisition of a minority equity interest in Awesomeness TV and its joint venture with Hearst Communications to acquire Complex Media
- STX Entertainment in its 2019 capital round, raising more than US$100 million in new equity financing
Other Representative Transactions
Avery Dennison in the sale of its consumer and office products and designed engineering solutions businesses to CCL Industries
- Match Group in the sale of The Princeton Review test preparation services business to ST. Unitas
- Nestlé USA in its acquisition of Sweet Earth, a vegan and vegetarian foods business
- Nestlé Health Sciences in its acquisition of the operating assets of Pamlab and the sale of Nestlé Health Science-Pamlab to AlfaSigma SpA
- Fiverr International in its acquisition of ClearVoice