Sara Patel is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Corporate Department and Healthcare & Life Sciences Practice. Ms. Patel provides commercial, transactional, and regulatory advice and support to multinational, European, and US based companies in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and technology sectors, and their investors.
She helps clients navigate the laws and regulations governing the life sciences industry and issues that arise throughout the product life cycle. Prior to joining Latham, Ms. Patel was a solicitor at a leading UK firm and in-house counsel in the EU HQ of Gilead Sciences for five years, including time spent in their Silicon Valley and UAE offices.
She provides pragmatic advice to help clients achieve their strategic goals.
Ms. Patel regularly writes on matters related to legal issues in the life sciences sector.
Her experience covers:
- Product licensing and acquisitions
- Commercial contracts and collaborations
- Life sciences regulatory
- Clinical trial agreements
- Intellectual property
- Technology transactions
Ms. Patel’s experience includes advising:
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham
- Owens & Minor, Inc. a global healthcare solutions company on the sale of its European logistics business, Movianto, to EHDH Holding Group*
- CBPE Capital on its acquisition of Simbec-Orion, an international CRO*
- An Indian generics company on its JV with a pharmaceutical company*
- A UK-headquartered nanopore sequencing company on its commercial contracts, supply agreements, and IP licensing*
- Amplifon SpA in connection with the launch of a medical device in the UK and EU medical devices regulation*
- A Saudi-Arabian conglomerate on its acquisition of a UK cosmetics business*
- Otsuka Pharmaceuticals Europe Ltd regarding its commercial contracts and study agreement templates*
- A global technology giant in relation to the launch of a medical laboratory for COVID-19 testing and regulatory requirements for medical devices*
- Various global pharmaceutical clients in relation to their regulatory compliance programs and interactions with HCPs*
- Various global pharmaceutical, biotech and genomics companies in relation to their commercial, intellectual property, and technology agreements*
- Various life sciences and technology companies in relation to their R&D collaboration agreements*
- A Jordanian pharmaceutical company in relation to its technology transfer and distribution agreements*
- A US pharmaceutical company regarding product launch and the supply of medicinal product to the UAE, Kuwait, and Qatar*
- Various pharmaceutical and medical technology companies regarding their clinical trial, investigator sponsored research, HEOR, and study agreements
- A multinational client in relation to the manufacturing and import of PPE and medical devices in relation to COVID-19*