Samantha Seikkula is an associate in the San Diego office of Latham & Watkins.
Ms. Seikkula focuses her practice on matters involving compliance with and challenges to environmental and land-use regulations and entitlements. She has represented clients in connection with:
- Infrastructure and development projects
- Counseling clients on environmental and land-use laws, including:
- Local zoning and land-use regulations and ordinances
- Local and state ballot initiative and referendum requirements
- Actions before agencies such as the California Public Utilities Commission, and various municipal and local agencies
- Challenges to and defenses of residential and commercial projects throughout Southern California in state administrative and judicial proceedings
While in law school, Ms. Seikkula served as the editor-in-chief of the Virginia Sports & Entertainment Law Journal. Ms. Seikkula also externed for the Honorable M. James Lorenz of the United States District Court for the Southern District of California.
- Co-Author, "EPA Targets Oil and Gas Sector with Suite of New Emissions Rules," Latham's Clean Energy Law Report, May 2016
- Co-Author, "President Obama Signs PIPES Act of 2016, Reauthorizing PHMSA and Introducing New Mandates for Oil and Gas Pipeline Programs," Latham's Clean Energy Law Report, June 2016
- Co-Author "California Court of Appeal Partially Upholds Air Quality Thresholds of Significance Following State Supreme Court Decision," Latham's Clean Energy Law Report, August 2016
- Co-Authored “California Supreme Court Addresses Subsequent Review Under CEQA; Rejects Lishman “New Project” Test,” Latham's Clean Energy Law Report, September 2016