Ryan J. Maierson is the Corporate Department Chair for the Houston office and the Global Co-Chair of Latham’s Public Company Representation Practice. Mr. Maierson’s practice focuses on the following types of matters in the energy industry:
Since 2011, Mr. Maierson has represented energy clients on more than 40 M&A transactions with a combined deal value of more than US$150 billion. Mr. Maierson was selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (2012-2016) as a recommended attorney in Securities/Capital Markets Law (Best Lawyers is by BL Rankings). He was named one of the five MVPs in Energy in the United States by Law360 in 2014, Dealmaker of the Week by AM Law Daily in January 2015, and a Texas Rising Star 2006-2011 (Texas Rising Stars is a Thomson Reuters service printed in Texas Monthly). He is also recognized in the Debt & Equity chapter of The International Who's Who of Capital Markets Lawyers 2013, Who’s Who Legal: M&A and Governance 2019, Texas Super Lawyers 2016-2019 (Super Lawyers is a Thomson Reuters service), Chambers USA 2017-2018, and Legal 500 US Leading Lawyers 2017-2018.
Mr. Maierson is an adjunct professor at the University of Houston Law Center, where he co-teaches “Doing Deals,”
a course on M&A practice, with Professor Douglas Moll.
Mr. Maierson’s representative experience includes advising:
- UBS in its offering of US$100 million for a limited partnership interest in Gaslog Partners LP
- Affiliates of TPG Capital in the purchase, along with Goldman Sachs, of US$750 million of convertible preferred units of EnLink Midstream Partners
- Energy Transfer Partners LP in its US$18 billion acquisition of Regency Energy Partners LP
- Underwriters in the US$1.57 billion initial public offering of Antero Resources and in the US$1 billion and US$600 million notes offerings of Antero Resources
- Exterran Partners, L.P. in its US$360 million acquisition of natural gas compression assets from MidCon Compression, L.L.C.
- Underwriters in the US$500 million initial public offering of Enable Midstream Partners, the largest entity at IPO in the history of the MLP sector
- Cypress Energy Partners, L.P. in its US$86.25 million initial public offering
- Access Midstream Partners in its US$2.16 billion acquisition of gathering and processing assets from Chesapeake Energy and US$1.8 billion of related equity and debt capital markets offerings
- Southcross Energy Partners in its US$180 million initial public offering
- ArcLight Capital in its US$200 million commitment to Eureka Hunter pipeline, a subsidiary of Magnum Hunter Resources Corp.
- Exterran Holdings, Inc. in multiple sales of compression and processing assets to its affiliated master limited partnership, Exterran Partners
- Quantum Resources Energy Fund in its US$580 million sale of oil and natural gas fields in Texas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico, to its affiliated master limited partnership, QR Energy
- Underwriters in the US$1.5 billion offering of senior notes for WPX Energy
- Underwriters in multiple debt and equity offerings of MarkWest Energy Partners, Eagle Rock Energy, Vanguard Natural Resources, and other master limited partnerships and energy companies