Ryan Maierson, partner in the Houston office, is the Global Chair of Latham’s Public Company Representation Practice and former Chair of the firm’s Houston Corporate Department. Mr. Maierson has particular knowledge in M&A and corporate finance transactions in the energy industry.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Representing issuers and underwriters in IPOs and other securities offerings
- Representing both sponsors and portfolio companies in private equity transactions
- Corporate governance
Mr. Maierson is an adjunct professor at the University of Houston Law Center, where he co-teaches “Doing Deals,” a course on M&A practice, with Professor Douglas Moll.
Mr. Maierson has been recognized in the following publications:
- Texas Best Lawyers as Lawyer of the Year for Securities/Capital Markets Law in Texas (2020)
- The Legal 500 US as a recommended lawyer for Corporate Governance and Shareholder Activism: Advice to Boards (2020)
- The Legal 500 US as a Leading Lawyer for Energy Transactions: Oil and Gas (2017-2020)
- Chambers USA for Capital Markets: Debt & Equity both in Texas and Nationwide (2017-2020)
- The Best Lawyers in America for Securities/Capital Markets Law (2012 – 2020) (Best Lawyers is by BL Rankings)
- Who’s Who Legal: M&A and Governance (2019)
- Texas Super Lawyers (2016-2019) (Super Lawyers is a Thomson Reuters service)