Richard George is knowledge management counsel for the Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Practices in Latham & Watkins' London office. He has extensive experience in cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, and other corporate transactions. Mr. George has also served on the firm's Knowledge Management, Technology, and Legal Professional & Paralegal Committees.
Mr. George previously spent ten years as an associate at Latham between 2000 and 2010. Before joining the firm, Mr. George practiced in the corporate department of another international law firm and was seconded to a major Japanese trading company in Tokyo as English legal counsel.
Mr George's representative transactions include advising:
- Carlyle Europe Partners on its LBO by way of takeover offer of Firth Rixson plc followed by two refinancings, an investment by Lehman Brothers Co-investment Fund and the sale of the company for US$1.97 billion
- Charterhouse Capital Partners on the sale of Coral Eurobet to Gala Group for £2.18 billion
- The Carlyle Group on the £785 million acquisition jointly with Meggitt plc of Dunlop Standard Aerospace Group, the aerospace and defence business, from Doughty Hanson
- On the three way public merger of leading Channel Islands companies to form CI Traders Group and IPO on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM)
- Coach Inc. on the establishment of Coach Japan Inc., a joint venture with Sumitomo Corporation and related distribution arrangements, and subsequent acquisition of Sumitomo's interest for US$300 million
- Mentor Graphics Corporation on its successful hostile tender offer for UK company Flomerics Group plc
- The Carlyle Group on LBOs of NP Aerospace (and subsequent sale), The Mill and Gardner Group and the refinancing of Britax Childcare
- ING Barings Limited on its underwriting of the €150 million issue of 10.5% Senior Notes due 2010 by Petroplus N.V., a leading European independent midstream oil company