Perry Viscounty is a nationally recognized trial attorney who handles high-stakes cases for companies ranging from Fortune 100 to emerging companies. He handles intellectual property and technology litigation with an emphasis on complex jury trials.
Mr. Viscounty has been recognized as a leading trial lawyer in:
- Legal 500 as a Recommended Lawyer for Intellectual Property 2018
Chambers Global for USA, Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secrets 2013, 2015 - 2019
Chambers USA for California Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secret 2008 - 2019
- The National Law Journal as an Intellectual Property Trailblazer 2018
- Daily Journal, ranked among the Top Intellectual Property Lawyers in California (multiple years)
- World Intellectual Property Review as a Leader 2017
- The Recorder as Litigation Groundbreaker 2017
Mr. Viscounty is a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, a member of the International Trademark Association, and an arbitrator for the World Intellectual Property Organization. He has been a guest lecturer at USC and UCLA, and has taught numerous seminars regarding effective presentations for jury trials and arbitrations.
Mr. Viscounty's experience includes representation of:
- America Chung Nam, Inc., the largest exporter of recycled paper in the US, in a three-week jury trial in Los Angeles resulting in a judgment of US$18.1 million for his client. In its annual Top Verdicts of 2013 feature, the Daily Journal selected this case as a “Top Plaintiffs’ Verdicts by Impact” in California
- Tesla in a US$2 billion trade dress case
- Apple in several trademark cases
- craigslist in a suit alleging breach of contract, copyright infringement, and violations of the CAN-SPAM Act and the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, resulting in a permanent injunction and judgment of US$60.5 million in favor of our client craigslist
- craigslist in a lawsuit alleging breach of contract and violations of the CAN-SPAM Act, resulting in a permanent injunction and judgment of US$31 million in favor of craigslist
- craigslist in a data protection and privacy lawsuit against numerous defendants in the Northern District of California, SF Division. Obtained judgment of US$3.1 million and a permanent injunction. Named to the Top Verdicts of 2015 by the Daily Journal
- Buzz Off Insect Shield in a five-week jury trial in North Carolina successfully defending against trademark infringement, false advertising, and unfair trade practices claims (S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. v. Buzz Off Insect Shield, LLC et.al.)
- The Waterfront Hilton Hotel in a four-month trial in Orange County, California
- Adobe against trademark and trade dress infringement, dilution, false designation of origin, copyright infringement, and unfair competition claims
- Allergan in a trademark infringement, unfair competition, and false advertising case
- GE in several lawsuits and arbitrations
- One of the world's largest automobile makers in a global intellectual property dispute
Additional representative clients include Paula Abdul, Allianz, Bank of America, Boeing, Broadcom, Capital Group Companies, Carlyle Group, Cartier, Chrome Hearts, City of Hope, Cooper Companies, craigslist, Eddie Bauer, Ecko, Entrepreneur Media, FileNet, Frank Gehry, Fred Segal, Gap, Goldman Sachs, Guthy-Renker, Intel, Intuity Medical, JP Morgan, Lyft, Mattel, Mikasa, Mont Blanc, Mossimo, Nestlé, NHR, Nissan, Oakley, Office Depot, Old Navy, Omicom, Paul Frank, Remedy, Robb Report, Rockwell Collins, Saban Brands, Santa Barbara Polo Club, Schiff Nutrition, Sepracor, Skullcandy, Sony, Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, St. John Knits, Symantec, TiVo, Trion Worlds, US Soccer Federation, VeriSign, Veritas, Vizio, Volcom, Wet Seal, Western Digital, and Wikia.