Nomaan Raja is the Office Managing Partner of Latham & Watkins' Dubai office and the Local Chair of the Corporate Department.
Mr. Raja advises on debt capital markets transactions (conventional as well as Sukuk issuances), high-yield bond offerings, equity offerings, bond/Sukuk restructurings, mergers and acquisitions, and investments and other corporate transactions. Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Raja practiced with a leading law firm in New York.
Mr. Raja was recognized as a leading lawyer in debt capital markets by Chambers Global 2016-2018 and was named in Who's Who Legal as a leading capital markets practitioner in 2014 and 2015.
Mr. Raja’s experience includes representing:
- The underwriters in the establishment of a global medium term note program by Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco) and debut issuance of US$12 billion notes thereunder
- The underwriters in Saudi Basic Industries Corporation’s US$2 billion notes offering
- The underwriters in Saudi Electricity Company’s US$2 billion sukuk offering
- Dana Gas in its tender offer and consent solicitation and issuance of new US$530 million sukuk
- The government of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia with respect to the establishment of its GMTN Programme and its US$17.5 billion debut sovereign bond issuance
- The joint lead managers of the issuance by IHS Nigeria of US$800 million 9.5% Senior Notes due 2021 and a concurrent tender offer and consent solicitation
- The Government of Pakistan in relation to the US$1 billion offering and sale of its shareholding in Habib Bank Limited, Pakistan’s largest bank, through a global offering of shares
- Noor Bank on the establishment of its US$3 billion Sukuk program and subsequent inaugural issuance thereunder
- Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank on its US$137 million rights issuance
- Emirates Telecommunications Corporation (Etisalat), in respect of the update of its US$7 billion global medium term note programme and issuance of US$4.3 billion notes thereunder, the Middle East region’s largest ever corporate issuance
- The lead Managers to the Sukuk offering by Saudi Electricity Company of of US$1.5 billion 4.00% Certificates due 2024 and US$1 billion 5.50% Certificates due 2044
- The lead managers in the offering by Topaz of its £350 million 8.625% senior notes due 2018
- Dana Gas PJSC, the largest independent oil and gas company in the UAE, in restructuring its US$1 billion exchangeable Trust Certificates (sukuk al-mudarabah) due 2012 by way of consent solicitation and issuance of two new tranches of Sukuk
- The lead managers in the offering by Polkomtel of its €542.5 million 11.75% senior notes due 2020 and US$500 million 11% senior notes due 2020 in connection with the €3.6 billion acquisition financing of Polkomtel by Spartan Capital (largest ever LBO in Poland)
- The lead managers in the offering by House of Fraser of its £250 million 8.875% senior secured notes due 2018
- Sembcorp Salalah Power and Water Company (Oman) in its US$137 million initial public offering of shares listed on the Muscat Securities Market
- The lead managers in the offering by Gala Coral Group of its £350 million 8.875% senior secured notes due 2018 and £275 million 11.5% senior notes due 2019
- MB Holding Company, an Omani oil and gas services company, in its offering of US$320 million 11.25% senior notes due 2015
- The Government of Dubai, in a number of notes/certificates offerings under its EMTN and Trust Certificate Programmes
- The Dubai Financial Support Fund and the Department of Finance, Government of Dubai, with respect to the financial restructuring of Dubai World and some of its subsidiaries (including Nakheel)