Nick Benson has over 20 years’ experience advising sponsors and investors on the formation and operation of private investment funds and related transactions. He is recognized as a leading lawyer in this field by Chambers, Legal 500, IFLR, and Who’s Who Legal.
Mr. Benson regularly advises clients based in Europe, the Middle East, and Asia on the formation and operation of investment funds, single investor mandates, and related transactions, across private equity, private debt, infrastructure, real estate, and other investment strategies. He also advises sponsors, teams, and individuals on the establishment and operation of fund management businesses, including ownership transitions and strategic partnerships.
Mr. Benson’s recent experience includes advising:
- Citic Capital on the establishment of its pooled co-investment funds
- AlbaCore Capital on a single-investor private debt mandate for an Asian SWF
- Carlyle Strategic Partners on the establishment of a joint venture to provide third-party litigation and asset recovery funding
- The private equity division of Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A. on its fund investments, co-investments, and joint ventures
- A leading global technology corporation on its strategic investment in Softbank Vision Fund
- Avendus Capital on the formation of an India-focused hedge fund
- Capvis AG on the raising of its latest European buyout fund, Capvis Equity V
- The natural resources investment team on its spin-out from Barclays Bank to establish an independent advisory firm
- Tata Capital on the raising of its India-focused private equity funds
- China Investment Corporation on its co-sponsorship (with Eurazeo Capital) of the France-China Co-operation Fund
- Quadriga Capital on the formation of a continuation fund and various pooled investment vehicles