Nick Luongo is a partner in the Washington, D.C., office and advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, and general corporate matters. In 2013, he was honored as a winner of The M&A Advisor’s 40 Under 40 M&A Advisor Recognition Award.
Mr. Luongo has developed particular experience in structuring and negotiating leveraged buyouts, cross-border transactions, acquisitions and dispositions of corporate divisions, and equity investment transactions. He represents private equity firms and public and private companies in a variety of industries, including:
- Aerospace and defense
- Consumer products
His representative clients include:
- The Carlyle Group
- Starr Investment Holdings
- Riverstone Holdings
- SK Capital Partners
Mr. Luongo’s representative matters representing:
- SK Capital and its portfolio company Addivant in the acquisition of SI Group, Inc.
- The Carlyle Group in the formation of Millicent Pharma and its acquisition of assets from Allergan
- Starr Investment Holdings in the acquisition of ACA Compliance
- The Carlyle Group in its take-private acquisition with GTCR or Albany Molecular Research, Inc.
- The Carlyle Group in the acquisition of WellDyneRx
- SK Capital Partners in the acquisition of Niacet Corporation
- Riverstone Holdings in the US$780 million sale of Wayne Fueling Systems to Dover Corporation
- Riverstone Holdings and Silver Run in the US$1.5 billion acquisition of a majority stake in Centennial Resource Production
- Riverstone Holdings in the acquisition of Wayne Fueling Systems from General Electric Company
- Global Jet Capital, an aircraft financing provider capitalized by investment funds managed by Franklin Square Capital Partners (sub-advised by GSO Capital Partners, a Blackstone company), The Carlyle Group, and AE Industrial Partners, in its acquisition of the aircraft lease and loan portfolio of GE Capital Corporate Aircraft in the Americas, representing approximately US$2.5 billion of net assets
- The Carlyle Group in the US$1.9 billion sale of Veyance Technologies to Continental AG
- Riverstone Holdings, First Reserve Corporation, and Dresser Holdings, Inc. in the US$3.1 billion sale of Dresser to General Electric Company
- The Carlyle Group and MultiPlan in connection with the US$3.1 billion sale of MultiPlan Holdings, Inc. to affiliates of Silver Lake Partners and BC Partners in one of the largest secondary buyouts of 2010
- SK Capital in connection with the take-private of TPC Group, Inc.
- Riverstone Holdings in the sale of Calgary-based portfolio company Shelter Bay Energy Inc. in a stock-for-stock transaction valued at C$1.3 billion
- Riverstone Holdings in the C$503 million sale of Calgary-based portfolio company CanEra Resources Inc.
- GTCR in connection with the acquisition of Merlin Media, LLC
- SK Capital in the acquisition of the antioxidant and ultraviolet stabilizers division of Chemtura Corporation
- The Carlyle Group in connection with Carlyle’s US$6.3 billion leveraged buyout of Manor Care, Inc.
- MultiPlan in connection with its acquisition of Viant, Inc.
- AxleTech International, Inc. in connection with the sale of AxleTech to General Dynamics Corporation
- Riverstone Holdings in connection with the leveraged buyout of Dresser, Inc.
- Riverstone Holdings in connection with equity investments in both Shelter Bay, Inc. and CanEra Resources, Inc.
- The Carlyle Group in connection with Carlyle’s investment in the US$10.3 billion leveraged buyout of the supply business of The Home Depot
- The Carlyle Group in connection with Carlyle’s investment in the US$15 billion leveraged buyout of Hertz