Latham team advising The Ocean Cleanup honored as Attorneys of the Year by the Daily Journal.
Natalie Rogers is an associate in the San Diego office of Latham & Watkins.
Ms. Rogers primarily handles land use matters involving compliance with and challenges to environmental and land use regulations, as well as complex environmental litigation.
She has represented clients in connection with:
- Permitting major real estate, energy, and infrastructure projects, and defending project permits and entitlements in judicial proceedings
- Compliance with environmental and land use laws
- Administrative proceedings before federal, state, and local agencies
- Defenses to toxic tort, public nuisance, products liability, and contaminated property claims brought in state and federal courts
Ms. Rogers’ cross-disciplinary approach helps clients through a development project’s complete life cycle, from obtaining land use entitlements and environmental approvals from federal, state, and local agencies, to successfully defending and prosecuting land use and environmental disputes in trial and appellate courts. Ms. Rogers also leverages the litigation component of her practice to defend product manufacturer clients in state and federal courts against claims of environmental contamination sounding in state tort law and state and federal contaminated properties laws.
Ms. Rogers helps clients successfully navigate key federal, state, and local land use and environmental laws, including:
- California Environmental Quality Act
- California Coastal Act
- National Environmental Policy Act
- Local planning and zoning laws
- Contaminated property laws
- Endangered species laws
- Public utility laws
- Air and water quality laws
- State tort and products liability laws