Nadia Sager serves as global Co-chair of Latham & Watkins' Investment Funds Practice and Chair of the San Diego office’s Corporate Department. Ms. Sager represents top private fund sponsors and investors in forming, investing in, and operating leading private funds.
- Representing sponsors in their global fundraising activities
- Representing institutional investors around the world in their private investment activities
- Representing buyout funds, real estate funds, energy/infrastructure funds, co-investment funds, venture funds, hedge funds, and other private funds in investments, operations, and exits
- Negotiating strategic relationships, operating joint ventures, co-investments, club arrangements, and other long-term partnering arrangements
- Structuring US and international investment and operations
- Leading investment advisory M&A transactions, including sponsor sales and acquisitions and passive investments in sponsor organizations
- Effecting spin-outs and separation arrangements
- Structuring internal sponsor arrangements
- Advising on securities law matters, including registration and compliance under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and exemptions under the Securities Act of 1933 and the Investment Company Act of 1940
Ms. Sager has extensive experience with investments and investors throughout the world, including Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and Latin America
Ms. Sager’s clients include Oaktree Infrastructure, Highstar Capital, DoubleLine Capital, Mountain Capital, and Arcadius Capital Partners.
- Author, “Start-ups and spin-outs: Establishing a credible investment advisory business and maximizing success,” Global Investment Funds: A Practical Guide to Structuring, Raising and Managing Funds, 2016