Nadia Sager is a partner in the San Diego office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Corporate Department. She previously served as Global Co-Chair of the Investment Funds Practice and Chair of the San Diego office’s Corporate Department. Ms. Sager represents top private fund investors and sponsors in forming, investing in, and operating leading private funds.
Ms. Sager’s practice focuses on:
- Representing institutional and high-net-worth investors around the world in their private investment activities
- Representing buyout funds, real estate funds, energy/infrastructure funds, co-investment funds, venture funds, hedge funds, and other private funds in investments, operations, and exits
- Negotiating strategic relationships, operating joint ventures, co-investments, club arrangements, and other long-term partnering arrangements
- Structuring US and international investment and operations
- Leading investment advisory M&A transactions, including sponsor sales and acquisitions, and passive investments in sponsor organizations
- Effecting spin-outs and separation arrangements
- Structuring internal sponsor arrangements
- Advising on securities law matters, including registration and compliance under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and exemptions under the Securities Act of 1933 and the Investment Company Act of 1940
Ms. Sager has extensive experience with investments and investors throughout the world, including Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and Latin America.
Clients include Oaktree Capital, DoubleLine Capital, Menlo Equities, Bridge Investment Group, Xebec Realty, Bay Grove Capital, Schnitzer West, and Mountain Capital.
Ms. Sager has been recognized by The Legal 500 US for Investment Fund Formation and Management: Private Equity Funds.
Ms. Sager was recognized as a 2017 Influential Woman by the San Diego Daily Transcript, in a special report honoring women making an impact across the region.
Author, “Start-ups and spin-outs: Establishing a credible investment advisory business and maximizing success,” Global Investment Funds: A Practical Guide to Structuring, Raising and Managing Funds, 2016