Morgan Brubaker is an associate in the Washington, D.C. office of Latham & Watkins where she is a member of the firm’s Technology Transactions Practice.
Ms. Brubaker advises public and private companies, financial institutions, private equity firms, and emerging companies on the structuring and negotiation of complex technology-related commercial transactions and acquisitions focusing on intellectual property exploitation, licensing, development, customization, and commercialization as well as related data privacy and security matters. Her work to date has spanned a variety of sectors, but her principal focus has been on the financial services sector.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Ms. Brubaker was a technology consultant advising Fortune 500 corporations on global IT planning and strategy.
Ms. Brubaker’s representative transactions include advising:
- Ion Trading Technologies Limited in its acquisition of Reval Holdings Inc.
- A leading big data and market structure technology provider in the negotiation and implementation of the Consolidated Audit Trail Plan Processor Agreement pursuant to SEC Rule 613
- A large global bank in the negotiation, development, and implementation of a worldwide currency trading platform
- A machine-learning technology startup in the drafting of form customer agreements for their forward analysis and hedging platform
- A leading capital markets technology firm specializing in distributed ledger infrastructure in its negotiation and implementation of a trading network with five-plus worldwide large global investment banks
- A leading fixed income, derivatives, and electronic trading platform provider in the negotiation of contractual arrangements with customers, partners, and vendors
- A startup managing and operating cryptocurrency trading solutions on the negotiation of numerous contractual arrangements with partners, vendors, and banks
- A large global bank in the negotiation of an agreement for the implementation of a worldwide trading and risk management platform
- A leading global IT, digital technology, and operations services provider in several strategic acquisitions