Dr. Miriam Inbar Feske, a lead senior analyst in the Intellectual Property Litigation Practice, draws on more than 15 years of high-level scientific experience in the chemical and biological sciences to help clients navigate their most complex life sciences patent disputes and conduct patent diligences.
Dr. Inbar Feske provides technical assistance on intellectual property matters involving the pharmaceutical, chemical, biotechnology, and biomedical device industries. A former research scientist, she works closely with Latham lawyers at every phase of a patent dispute, assisting with tasks such as analyzing (in)validity and (non)infringement, analyzing technical documents, selecting and preparing expert witnesses, developing inter partes review (IPR) petitions, supervising external testing, and conducting prior art searches. She has also assisted with patent diligences and contract disputes.
Dr. Inbar Feske has helped clients ranging from innovative biotech and medical device start-ups to leading pharmaceutical companies, with a focus on IP matters involving:
- Small molecule pharmaceuticals, including anticancer, antipsychotic, analgesic, and HIV-related therapeutics
- Biologics and biosimilars
- Biocatalysis and protein engineering
- Agricultural biotechnology
- Next-generation DNA sequencing technologies
- Molecular probes, labeling, and detection
- Biomedical devices
- Oil services
Prior to joining Latham, Dr. Inbar Feske served as a research scientist at several cutting-edge biotechnology companies, including Halcyon Molecular (a DNA sequencing company) and Aeon Biowares. She has authored several publications in the chemical field and is a named inventor on a patent application relating to organometallic clusters and their use as DNA labeling agents.
Dr. Inbar Feske received her PhD in Organic Chemistry from Columbia University, where she was a recipient of the prestigious National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowship. Her graduate research focused on silicon organocatalysis and chemical synthesis.
Dr. Inbar Feske’s experience in life sciences patent litigation matters includes advising on technical matters for:
- A leading pharmaceutical company in a patent infringement case involving a blockbuster antibody therapeutic
- A prominent pharmaceutical company and innovator of the first fully human monoclonal antibody drug that was engaged in multiple patent litigations, IPR proceedings, and biosimilar challenges
- Pharmaceutical companies involved in Hatch-Waxman litigation for branded drugs
- A biotechnology company involved in multiple patent disputes relating to DNA sequencing, molecular probes, and array technology
- A major biomedical device innovator engaged in a patent dispute relating to mitral valve repair devices
- A biotechnology company involved in multi-patent infringement and trade secret litigation relating to biocatalysis and enzyme engineering
- A prominent oil services company involved in a patent dispute and IPR proceeding relating to hydraulic fracturing technology