Michel Houdayer is a partner and Local Chair of Latham & Watkins' Finance Department. His practice covers a variety of finance transactions, with a particular emphasis on acquisition finance and private equity.
Mr. Houdayer regularly advises leading French and foreign financial institutions, as well as investment funds and corporate borrowers. His practice focuses primarily on leveraged finance (senior and mezzanine), banking, and private equity.
He is also member of the firm's Diversity Leadership Committee.
According to interviewees, Mr. Houdayer stands out for his experience in the French banking and finance area. Chambers Europe 2020
Mr. Houdayer is recognized as a Next Generation Lawyer by The Legal 500 EMEA 2019.
Commended for his experience in the field and for his ability to "pick out the key points” when handling complex matters. Chambers Global 2017
Praised by clients as "a great and calm adviser, who quickly understands matters."
The Legal 500 EMEA 2016
Known for his “flexible and constructive” approach to negotiations.
Chambers Global 2016
Mr. Houdayer’s recent experience includes representing:
- The underwriters in connection with the €2.378 billion high yield bond / term loan B financing for Banijay’s acquisition of Endemol Shine
- J.P. Morgan as initial purchaser in connection with the offering of €200 million senior secured notes due 2025 by IM Group
- Platinum Equity in connection with the acquisition of Biscuit International, leading European manufacturer of private label sweet biscuits from Qualium Investissement
- The banks in connection with the financing of the acquisition of Domidep by I Squared Capital
- FRAIKIN in its acquisition of VIA Location, a long-term car rental company
- KKR and the founders of Webhelp, one of the world’s leading providers of customer experience and business process outsourcing (BPO) in the financing of the €2.4 billion sale to GBL
- The mandated lead arrangers in connection with the refinancing of the existing financial indebtedness of the Ceva Group, a veterinary pharmaceutical laboratory, for a total amount of €2.150 billion
- The banks in connection with the financing of the acquisition of Ibersnacks and Agromaiz, producers and suppliers of snacks in France and Spain, by Apax Partners
- TA Associates in connection with the acquisition of a majority stake in Odealim Group, a France-based insurance broker
- Groupe Bertrand in connection with Burger King France and Quick refinancing of existing debt
- Citic Capital Partners Limited in connection with the financing of the acquisition of Axilone, manufacturer of premium plastic and metal packaging for global cosmetics, perfume, and beauty care brands
- Cobepa in connection with the financing of the acquisition from ICG of the entire share capital and voting rights of Augusta SAS, the holding company of the Staci group, a French leading specialist logistic company
- Deutsche Bank and Goldman Sachs in connection with the €6.1 billion term loan bridge facility financing the Unibail-Rodamco’s acquisition of Westfield, a leading Australian-based shopping center group
- Intermediate Capital Group in connection with the financing of the acquisition of Domus Group, provider of services to elderly people including nursing homes, residential facilities, and home care
- Deutsche Bank and UBS in connection with the financing of Advent International’s acquisition of Circet, a leading France-based networks and telecommunications group
- The banks in connection with the refinancing of the existing financial indebtedness of the Socotec group
- Silverfleet Capital in connection with the financing of the acquisition of Coventya, one of the world leaders in specialty chemicals