Michael Pucker is a member of the firm's Corporate Department.
Mr. Pucker's practice focuses on:
- General corporate counseling
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Private equity
- Venture capital
- Capital markets
- Company representation
- Counseling boards and senior management in a variety of industries, including: hospitality, financial services, manufacturing, retail, life sciences, and technology
- Counseling families and related closely held enterprises in avoiding, mitigating, and resolving disputes
Mr. Pucker' s clients include:
- Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- The Pritzker Organization
- BDT Capital Partners
- Goldman, Sachs & Co.
- Bass Pro Group
- DNS Capital
- Madison Wells Media
- TMS International
- KBP Foods
- GreatPoint Ventures
- A number of other closely held companies
Mr. Pucker is involved in a number of community and charitable organizations. He currently serves as a member of the Board of Directors of Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital, the Advisory Board of After School Matters, the Board of Advisors of American Jewish World Service, the Board of Trustees of Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School, and the Chicago Board of Advisors of Facing History and Ourselves.
Mr. Pucker has received numerous accolades by leading industry publications, including Chambers USA and Legal 500. Most recently, he was named to the Crain’s Chicago Business Tech 50 2019, which highlights leaders in the Chicago technology community.
In recent transactions, Mr. Pucker has advised:
- Bass Pro Group and its equity holders in a variety of merger and acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, financing, and corporate matters, including its acquisition of Cabela’s Incorporated and related financing
- BDT Capital Partners in a variety of transactional and financing matters
- Hyatt Hotels Corporation in a variety of transactional, financing, and corporate governance matters
- The Pritzker Organization in a variety of transactional and financing matters
- DNS Capital in a variety of transactional and financing matters
- Pritzker Family Business Interests in the restructuring of family-owned assets
- GreatPoint Ventures in Fund Formation and portfolio company investment matters
- Various families and family offices in a variety of matters, including intergenerational planning, dispute resolution, and family office development