Michael Chambers is a partner in the Houston office of Latham & Watkins and the Vice Chair of the firm's Global Corporate Department.
Mr. Chambers focuses his practice on leveraged finance and other debt and equity capital markets transactions. He has particular experience in public and private high yield bond offerings and term loan facilities, initial public offerings, and private equity financings, as well as both out of court and chapter 11 restructurings, representing both debtors and creditors.
Mr. Chambers has substantial transactional experience involving participants in the oil and gas industry, industrial companies, and refining and specialty chemical production companies.
Mr. Chambers is recognized by leading publications for his work, including Texas Lawyer’s Texas Legal Awards 2020 for Most Effective Deal Maker, Chambers USA 2013-2020, The Legal 500 US 2013, and The International Who's Who of Capital Markets Lawyers 2013 (Who's Who is by Law Business Research Limited).
Mr. Chambers’ representative experience includes advising:
Lenders in the following term loan facilities:
- US$1.3 billion term loan facility for California Resources Corporation
- US$1.25 billion term loan facility to fund the acquisition of EagleClaw Midstream Ventures LLC
- US$800 million term loan facility for Oryx Midstream Services LLC
- US$725 million term loan facility to fund the acquisition of Medallion Midstream, LLC
- US$300 million term loan facility for Navitas Midstream Midland Basin, LLC
Initial Purchasers in the following high yield note offerings:
- US$500 million offering of senior notes by Moss Creek Resources Holdings, Inc.
- US$450 million offering of senior secured first lien notes by Jones Energy Holdings, LLC
- US$500 million offering of senior secured first lien notes by Sanchez Energy Corporation
- US$600 million offering of senior notes by Jonah Energy LLC
- US$1.6 billion offering of senior notes by CONSOL Energy Inc.
- US$775 million offering of senior notes by Penn Virginia Corp.
Underwriters in the initial public offerings of the following companies:
- Rattler Midstream Partners, LP
- Viper Energy Partners, LP
- Parsley Energy Inc.
- Diamondback Energy, Inc.
- RSP Permian, Inc.
- Mammoth Energy Services, Inc.