Michael Chambers is a partner in the Austin and Houston offices of Latham & Watkins and the Vice Chair of the firm's Global Corporate Department. Mr. Chambers advises investors and public and private companies in a variety corporate finance transactions. He has particular experience in private equity financings, high yield bond offerings, initial public offerings, and leveraged loans.
Mr. Chambers has substantial transactional experience involving participants in the energy, industrials, and chemicals sectors, as well as in connection with infrastructure and energy transition projects.
Mr. Chambers is recognized by leading publications for his work, including:
- Texas Lawyer’s Texas Legal Awards 2020 for Most Effective Deal Maker
- Chambers USA 2013-2020 for capital markets and bank finance in both Texas and the US
- The Legal 500 US 2013
- The International Who's Who of Capital Markets Lawyers 2013
Mr. Chambers’ representative experience includes advising:
Lenders in the following term loan facilities:
- US$1.3 billion term loan facility for California Resources Corporation
- US$1.25 billion term loan facility to fund the acquisition of EagleClaw Midstream Ventures LLC
- US$800 million term loan facility for Oryx Midstream Services LLC
- US$725 million term loan facility to fund the acquisition of Medallion Midstream, LLC
- US$300 million term loan facility for Navitas Midstream Midland Basin, LLC
Initial Purchasers in the following high yield note offerings:
- US$500 million offering of senior notes by Moss Creek Resources Holdings, Inc.
- US$450 million offering of senior secured first lien notes by Jones Energy Holdings, LLC
- US$500 million offering of senior secured first lien notes by Sanchez Energy Corporation
- US$600 million offering of senior notes by Jonah Energy LLC
- US$1.6 billion offering of senior notes by CONSOL Energy Inc.
- US$775 million offering of senior notes by Penn Virginia Corp.
Underwriters in the initial public offerings of the following companies:
- Rattler Midstream Partners, LP
- Viper Energy Partners, LP
- Parsley Energy Inc.
- Diamondback Energy, Inc.
- RSP Permian, Inc.
- Mammoth Energy Services, Inc.