Marc Jia Renn Tan is a finance associate in the Singapore office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the firm’s Banking Practice.
Mr. Tan’s practice includes advising investment and commercial banks, major corporate borrowers, and private equity firms, in a wide array of domestic and cross-border financings including bilateral, club, and syndicated loans, margin loans, acquisition finance, and project finance transactions.
Mr. Tan received his LLM from Columbia Law School and his LLB from University College London. While at Columbia, Mr. Tan served as student editor of the Columbia Journal of Environmental Law and served as an LLM board representative of the Columbia Society of International Law. Prior to joining the Singapore office, Mr. Tan was based in the Latham’s New York office.
Mr. Tan’s experience includes advising:
- PT Energi Mega Persada Tbk, an Indonesia-based company that explores, develops, and produces crude oil and natural gas, on the amendment and restatement to term loan facility to refinance existing debt
- Kinross International Group Ltd and PT Energi Mega Persada Tbk, as guarantor, on the term loan in connection with the acquisition of Energi Mega Pratama, Inc., an explorer and trader of oil and gas
- Apollo Global Management Inc. on its term loan and revolving credit facility in connection with its acquisition of Tech Data Corporation, a distribution company specializing in IT products and services
- Credit Suisse, DBS, and Standard Chartered, the joint lead managers, and the underwriters of the issuance by Astrea V Pte Ltd of a US$600 million bond issuance backed by cash flows from a portfolio of private equity funds
- TPG on a term loan facility in connection with the acquisition of Gribbles Pathology (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, Quest Laboratories Vietnam Co., Ltd., and certain assets of Quest Laboratories Pte Ltd, providers of diagnostic laboratory services, to refinance existing debt
- Traveloka Holding Limited on the US$120 million investment from Qatar Holding LLC
- OCP Asia (Singapore) on a term loan facility in connection with PT Assera NPM Investama's acquisition of PT Nusajaya Persadatama Mandiri, a nickel mining company based in Indonesia
- The lender on the revolving credit facility, concurrent with a US$300 million senior secured bond offering for Williams Scotsman International, Inc., a specialty rental services provider, to refinance existing debt
- The lender on the revolving credit facility in connection with Williams Scotsman International, Inc.’s acquisition of Modular Space Holdings, Inc., a provider of temporary and permanent modular buildings
- The borrower on the term loan facilities in connection with TPG Capital's acquisition of Quest Laboratories Pte. Ltd and Gribbles Pathology (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd., full service laboratory services