Linzi Thomas is a partner in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Corporate Department. Ms. Thomas advises clients primarily on private equity, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate matters.
Ms. Thomas co-authored the chapter "Emerging Markets Exit" in the published Private Equity Exits: A Practical Analysis.
Ms. Thomas is recognized as one of the 40 Under 40: The Rising Stars In Private Equity 2019 by Legal Week, listed in The Lawyer Hot 100 2020, and ranked as a Next Generation Partner for Private Equity in the Legal 500 UK 2020.
Ms. Thomas' recent experience includes advising:
- Leonard Green & Partners and its portfolio company CPA Global, a leader in intellectual property software and tech-enabled services, on its US$6.8 billion combination with Clarivate Plc, a leader in providing trusted information and insights to accelerate the pace of innovation
- Helios Investment Partners, TA Associates, and minority shareholders on the sale of a significant minority stake in Interswitch to Visa. Interswitch, headquartered in Nigeria, is one of the largest Africa-focused digital payments providers
- La Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) on its partnership with Generation Investment Management LLP and investment in FNZ, a deal valuing the company at £1.65 billion and being one of the world's largest fintech transactions of 2018
- Bregal on the acquisition of Iptor Supply Chain Systems, a developer and provider of enterprise resource planning and supply chain management software to the distribution industry based in Sweden
- Sale by Helios Investment Partners and TA Associates of a minority stake in Interswitch, a Nigeria-based digital payments providers, to Visa
- CVC Capital Partners in the acquisition by Abu Dhabi Investment Authority of a 30% stake in Domestic & General, the leading appliance care specialist
- Funds advised by Triton and a wholly owned subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) (the Consortium) on the acquisition of IFCO, a unit of Australian Securities Exchange-listed Brambles Limited
- BC Partners on its sale of Antelliq, a France-based developer of digital animal identification, traceability, and monitoring solutions, to Merck
- CVC Capital Partners’ Growth Fund on its Strategic Investment in Omada A/S
- Peninsula Pacific, a US based consumer and industrial private equity investor, in its proposed business combination of Concrete Pumping Holdings, Inc. to Industrea Acquisition Corp
- CVC Capital Partners in connection with the £2.4 billion IPO of Avast, the world’s largest consumer antivirus software supplier, listed on the London Stock Exchange
- Global Infrastructure Partners in connection with its €1.94 billion acquisition of Italian railway operator Italo – Nuovo Trasporto Viaggiatori S.p.A.
- Brundage-Bone Concrete Pumping in connection with its acquisitions of Camfaud Concrete Pumps, Premier Concrete Pumping, and South Coast Concrete Pumping, UK-based companies providing concrete pumping and material placements services
- The Carlyle Group and The Nature’s Bounty Co. on the £1.77 billion sale of Holland & Barrett, one of Europe’s largest health and wellness retailers
- Leonard Green & Partners in connection with its acquisition of CPA Global, the world's leading Intellectual Property management and technology company, from Cinven
- A private equity sponsor on its potential acquisition of LGC Science Group, an international life sciences measurement and testing business
- A private equity sponsor on its potential acquisition of Fintrax Group, one of the world's leading tax-free shopping companies
- Catterton on its agreement with LVMH and Groupe Arnault to create L Catterton, a global consumer-focused investment firm
- Carlyle on the sale of Export Trading Group, who own and manage a vertically integrated agriculture supply chain across the African subcontinent with operations spanning procurement, processing, warehousing, transport, distribution, and merchandising*
- Helios Investment Partners on its investment in renewable energy business Starsight
- Ares on the acquisition of Farrow & Ball, a global leader in high quality paint and wallpaper in a deal that values the business at £275 million
- Carlyle on its investment in Export Trading Group, a company with operations in over 26 African countries — the first investment by the Carlyle sub-Sahara Africa fund and the largest private equity deal in Africa of 2012*
- GTCR in Cision’s Cross-Border Acquisition of Gorkana Group, a provider of media intelligence and insight services for PRs, marketers, and journalists
- Helios on its joint venture with Vitol to acquire the downstream business of Oando PLC
- Limerston Capital LLP in connection with its acquisition of Spark Energy, a company engaged in supplying renewable energy for residential tenants in the UK and Ireland
- CVC Capital Partners on its investment in Avast Software, world’s leading consumer security software company, which valued Avast at US$1 billion*
- A consortium of leading infrastructure funds on its bid to acquire Veolia UK’s South-East England water distribution business*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham