Lene Malthasen's practice focuses primarily on debt capital markets, where she has acted for underwriters, issuers, and trustees on debt issuances; MTN and ECP programs; convertible, exchangeable, subordinated, high-yield, and cross-over bonds, as well as sovereign and municipal bonds and tender offers; consent solicitations; and bond restructurings. She has considerable experience in listing securities across Europe as well as advising on securities law and regulatory matters.
In addition, Lene Malthasen currently serves in a management role at the firm as a member of the Global Opinion Committee, the Ethics Committee, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Board.
Ms. Malthasen has represented:
- JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, and BNP Paribas on several sovereign issuances by Ukraine
- Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan, and UBS in connection with a €550 million notes offering and subsequent euro medium term note program by Globalworth Real Estate Investments Limited
- JP Morgan and the other syndicate banks on the issue by Ukraine’s Ukreximbank of UAH 4 billion fixed rate bonds listed on the Irish Stock Exchange
- BNP Paribas, HSBC, ING, JP Morgan, and Unicredit on the inaugural US$300 million fixed rate bond issue by Rönesans Gayrimenkul Yatirim in Turkey
- JP Morgan and a syndicate of banks on the Yankee bond issue by Enel S.p.A.
- JP Morgan and ING on the debut issue of US$500 million 8.75% Guaranteed Notes due 2022 by Kernel in Ukraine, listed in Ireland
- Goldman Sachs, UBS, and VTB Capital on the debut issue of RUB 20 billion 9.25% Guaranteed Notes due 2020 by Russian retail company, X5 Retail, listed in Ireland
- Barclays Capital, JP Morgan, Citigroup, and Credit Suisse on the Yankee bond issues by BMW
- The underwriters and dealer managers on several bond issues and tender offers by Evraz Group S.A. listed in Ireland
- Privatbank on its UK scheme of arrangement and related new and restructured bond issuances
- Aigües de Barcelona on its debut issuance of €200 million 1.944% notes due 2010, arranged by Trea Capital and Credit Suisse, listed in Luxembourg
- The arrangers, including Morgan Stanley, on the €2 billion EMTN program by Madrileña red de Gas, listed in Luxembourg
- Banca IMI, Morgan Stanley, and UniCredit on the debut issue of US$550 million 5.875% notes due 2022, by Hrvatska Elektroprivreda in Croatia listed in Luxembourg
- JP Morgan and VTB Capital on the debut issue of US$200 million 9.875% notes due 2016 by Kazakh bank, Kaspi Bank, listed in Ireland
- Vimpelcom on its multi-tranche tender offer arranged by Barclays, Citi, ING, and Credit Suisse
- Ukrlandfarming PLC, a Ukrainian agri-business, on its debut bond issue and subsequent tap issuances, listed in Ireland
- Navigating Bond Repurchases in Europe and the United Kingdom
- Accessing the US Capital Markets from Outside of the United States: an Overview of Key Legal Issues
- New Court Decision on Exit Consents under UK Law