Kirstin Scheffler Do is counsel in Latham & Watkins’ Litigation & Trial Department in the Chicago office. Her practice focuses on allegations of healthcare fraud and abuse, and particularly internal investigations, government investigations and litigation arising under the:
- False Claims Act (FCA)
- Federal Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS)
- Stark Law
Ms. Do also has particular experience providing litigation and regulatory counsel to Medicare Advantage Organizations, pharmaceutical companies, medical device and diagnostic manufacturers, and other sectors of the healthcare industry.
In addition to her healthcare fraud and abuse experience, Ms. Do has represented multiple healthcare clients in commercial litigation proceedings, including pretrial, trial and arbitration proceedings.
Prior to rejoining Latham & Watkins in 2011, Ms. Do served as a judicial clerk to Judge Roger W. Titus of the United States District Court for the District of Maryland.
Ms. Do’s matters include representing or advising multiple:
- Healthcare companies in all stages of FCA investigations and litigation, including internal investigations, government investigations and federal court proceedings (at district and appellate levels)
- Pharmaceutical companies and medical device manufacturers in internal investigations and civil litigation involving potential anti-kickback violations
- Healthcare industry clients in commercial litigation, including pre-trial, trial and arbitration proceedings
- Pro bono clients in asylum and other immigration proceedings, including securing asylum for two pro bono clients, and permanent residence for a third pro bono client
- Pro bono clients in contested child custody disputes, including successfully arguing a motion to intervene and securing a favorable settlement