Kevin Fingeret is a partner in the New York office of Latham & Watkins. Mr. Fingeret is a member of the Finance Department, as well as a member and former Global Co-Chair of the Structured Finance and Securitization Practice. He is also a member of the firm’s Aircraft Finance Practice.
Mr. Fingeret has extensive experience representing banks and other financial institutions, issuers, borrowers, and sponsors in a variety of structured finance and securitization and aircraft finance transactions.
Mr. Fingeret focuses on the securitization of esoteric and operating assets. His experience includes aircraft portfolio securitizations, Enhanced Equipment Trust Certificates (EETC) aircraft financings, and securitizations of rental car fleets, wireless cell towers (and related real property interests), broadcast towers, billboards, equipment leases, railcars, net leases, and music royalties. He also has substantial experience with traditional ABS, including auto loan and credit card securitizations and traditional aircraft finance, such as bank financings and sale-leaseback transactions involving aircraft, engines, and spare parts.
Mr. Fingeret also has over 20 years of experience representing issuers, underwriters, and managers in CLO transactions.
Mr. Fingeret was recognized in Chambers Global, Chambers USA, and The Legal 500 US as a leading securitization lawyer and a recommended lawyer in Asset Finance & Leasing and Structured Finance.
Mr. Fingeret’s recent experience includes representing:
- An investment bank, as initial purchaser and structuring agent, in connection with US$598 million rental car fleet securitization for The Hertz Corporation
- An investment bank, as initial purchaser and structuring agent, in connection with a US$282 million securitization of wireless cell tower easements and grounds leases for a leading global owner and operator of wireless cell tower assets
- An airline in connection with a US$471 million EETC financing of nine Airbus A320, A321, and A330 aircraft
- An investment bank, as initial purchaser and structuring agent, in connection with a US$282 million securitization of 44 broadcast towers for one of the leading broadcast tower operators in the United States
- An investment bank, as initial purchaser and structuring agent, in connection with US$500 million rental car fleet securitization for Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group
- An investment bank, as initial purchaser and structuring agent, in connection with a CLO transaction for the portfolio manager Credit Suisse Asset Management
- An issuer in connection with a car sharing fleet financing ABS facility
- A portfolio manager in connection with its first 10 CLO transactions
- An airline in connection with a mixed-market club financing of four Airbus A321 aircraft