Latham named 2022 Law Firm Corporate Practice of the Year for outstanding achievements across the firm’s transactional practices.
Justin Hamill is Global Chair of Latham & Watkins' Mergers & Acquisitions Practice. Recognized as a 2020 Dealmaker of the Year by The American Lawyer and a 2021 Dealmaker of the Year by The New York Law Journal, Mr. Hamill represents clients in a range of complex corporate matters, with a focus on high-value M&A and private equity deals.
Mr. Hamill provides sophisticated transactional counsel to diverse clients, including public and private companies, investment funds, and financial institutions. He regularly advises on multibillion-dollar mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures, drawing on his substantial experience across a broad array of industries, such as media, sports, and entertainment, as well as technology, financial services, consumer products, healthcare, and real estate. His practice also encompasses a range of corporate governance and emerging companies matters.
Mr. Hamill regularly advises clients on:
- Leveraged buy-outs
- Negotiated and contested M&A transactions
- Public and private investments
- Restructuring transactions and joint ventures
- Corporate governance matters (including Securities and Exchange Commission and exchange requirements, as well as fiduciary law matters)
- Emerging companies matters (including capital raising transactions)
Mr. Hamill is the former secretary of the New York City Bar Association Committee on Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate Control Contests. He is also a published author and frequent speaker on corporate matters.
- New York Law Journal - Dealmaker of the Year (2021)
- Lawdragon - 500 Leading Dealmakers in America (2021-2022)
- The American Lawyer – Dealmaker of the Year (2020)
- Chambers USA – Recognized Practitioner: Corporate/M&A – New York: The Elite (2019-2022)
- Business Insider – 8 Must-Know Deal Lawyers Advising Private Equity Firms (2020)
- Variety – Elite Dealmakers of New York (2019), Dealmakers Impact Report (2019-2021), Legal Impact Report (2020, 2022), Hollywood’s New Leaders: Law and Finance (2015)
- The Legal 500 US – Next Generation Partner: Media & Entertainment (2019-2022), Next Generation Partner: Sports (2019-2022), Leading Lawyer: Private Equity Buyouts (2022)
- Crain’s New York Business – 40 Under 40 (2015)
- New York Law Journal – Rising Star (2014)
- The M&A Advisor – 40 Under 40 (2013)
- The Hollywood Reporter – Power Lawyer
- The American Lawyer – “Hollywood’s Top Dealmakers”