Joshua A. Tinkelman is partner in the New York office of Latham & Watkins. Mr. Tinkelman is a member of the Corporate Department and the Finance Department and is Co-Chair of the Private Equity Finance Practice. His practice centers around bank financing and capital market transactions, focusing primarily on the representation of borrowers and financial sponsors in debt-related transactions, including leveraged buyouts.
Mr. Tinkelman has extensive experience negotiating a wide variety of financing arrangements, including senior secured loans, high yield notes, and mezzanine financings for companies with business in the United States, Canada, and Europe. He regularly advises borrowers with respect to debt compliance issues and debt restructurings. His clients include domestic and foreign private equity firms, their portfolio companies, and publicly traded Fortune 500 companies. Mr. Tinkelman has represented investment grade and non-investment grade issuers of debt products, and he has been publicly recognized for his work in capital markets.
Co-Author, “Introduction to the Annotated Trust Indenture Act,” Business Lawyer, August 2012
Mr. Tinkelman's representative matters include advising:
- Leonard Green & Partners, L.P. in the financing for its investments in LifeTime Fitness, Authentic Brands Group, LLC, BJ Wholesale Club, Inc., US Renal Care, Inc., JoAnn Stores, Inc., David’s Bridal, Inc., Aspen Dental, Inc., and Equinox Fitness Centers
Odyssey Investment Partners in the acquisition financing for its purchases of One Call Medical, Inc., Ranpak Corp., Pro Mach, Inc., and Wastequip, Inc.
- BC Partners in the acquisition financing for its purchases of Intelsat, Ltd. and ATI Career Training Centers, Inc.
- MEG Energy Corporation in its multi-billion term and revolving credit facilities, letter of credit facility, and high yield notes
- Watts Water Technologies in its investment grade term loan financing
- Integra Telecom Holdings in its first lien term loan, second lien term loan, and revolving credit facility
- Avon Products, Inc. in its investment grade senior notes offerings