Joseph H. Lee is counsel in the Orange County office where his practice focuses on patent litigation.
Mr. Lee represents a wide range of technology companies, including those involved in the Internet, semiconductor, networking, telecommunications and software industries. Mr. Lee has managed all phases of patent litigation, including:
- Case strategy
- Discovery, including taking and defending depositions
- Motion practice, including drafting and arguing summary judgment and other motions
- Claim construction, including drafting, briefing and arguing Markman hearings
Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Lee acquired broad experience in the science and technology industries, which has included the following:
- Developed and supported both new internet technology applications and custom database applications
- Designed, developed and tested communication satellite systems
He is licensed to practice in the State of California, the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the Federal District Court for the Central District of California, the Federal District Court for the Northern District of California, the Federal District Court for the Southern District of California, the Federal District Court for the Eastern District of California, and the Federal District Court for the Eastern District of Texas.
- CertusView v. USIC (ED Va.): represents defendants in patent infringement and breach of contract action
- Intellectual Ventures v. Capital One (ED Va.): represents defendant in five-patent infringement action
- TransPerfect v. MotionPoint (ND Cal.): represents TransPerfect in multi-patent infringement action involving website translation technology
- InCom v. The Walt Disney Co. (CD Cal.): represent defendant in multi-patent infringement action involving RFID devices
- Convolve v. Hitachi (ND Cal.): represent defendant in patent infringement action involving hard disk drive acoustics management technology*
- Micron v. Rambus (ND Cal.): represented plaintiff in patent infringement, fraud, and equitable estoppel proceedings involving memory interface technology*
- Scientific-Atlanta v. Personalized Media Communications (ND Ga.): represented defendant in patent infringement and licensing action involving networking, encryption, and content-delivery systems in the cable industry*
- Database Structures, Inc. v. Oracle (SD Cal.): represented defendant in patent infringement action involving compression technology in database systems*
- Sorensen v. Lexar (ND Cal.): represented defendant in patent infringement action involving manufacture of USB memory devices*
- Riparius v. Cisco (ND Ill.): represented defendant in patent infringement suit involving internet telephony devices*
- Catch Curve v. Callwave (CD Cal.): represented defendant in patent infringement suit involving internet telephony services*
*Represents experience from a previous law firm.
During law school, Mr. Lee served as an extern for the Honorable Gerald E. Lynch, United States District Court, Southern District of New York and for the US Attorney’s Office, Southern District of New York.