Jonathan Ritson-Candler is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the global Financial Institutions Industry Group. Mr. Ritson-Candler specializes in financial services regulatory advice and has experience advising a range of financial institutions and market infrastructure providers on domestic and cross-border regulatory issues.
Mr. Ritson-Candler advises global investment banks, corporate finance houses, fund managers, insurers, stockbrokers and market infrastructure and data services providers on a variety of legal and regulatory risk management matters, with particular expertise in the FCA’s Conduct of Business Rules, European regulatory developments such as MiFID II, MAR and PRIIPs KID and the EU Benchmark Regulation as well as having a particular interest in the regulation of Payment Services and Electronic Money.
Mr. Ritson-Candler’s recent highlights have included advising:
- A number of financial services clients in relation to important firm-wide MiFID II preparation and implementation projects
- A number of global investment banks on the implementation of the MiFID II product governance regime
- A major investment bank (whilst on secondment) on its implementation of MAR*
- A number of global investment banks and a market data provider on the implementation of the EU Benchmark Regulation, including seeking authorization as a benchmark administrator*
- An e-commerce platform on perimeter queries relating to the need for authorization as an e-money issuer or payment service provider*
* Deal completed prior to joining Latham