John M. Greer, a partner in the Houston office and Chair of Latham & Watkins’ Houston Corporate Department, primarily handles securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate and securities matters. He represents issuers and investment banking firms in connection with public offerings and private placements of both equity and debt securities, including initial public offerings, shelf registrations, and Rule 144A offerings. Mr. Greer’s mergers and acquisitions experience includes both public and private company acquisitions and dispositions.
Mr. Greer has been recognized in multiple industry publications, including as a Rising Star by Texas Monthly and a Top Lawyer by Houstonia Magazine.
Mr. Greer has substantial transactional experience involving participants in the energy industry, including:
- Oil and gas exploration and production companies
- Pipeline companies
- Oilfield service companies
Mr. Greer’s experience includes advising:
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Arrow Midstream Holdings, LLC in its US$750 million sale to Crestwood Midstream Partners, LP
- Clayton Williams Energy, Inc. in its US$2.7 billion merger with Noble Energy, Inc.
- JP Energy Partners LP in its US$456 million merger with American Midstream Partners, LP
- LINN Energy, Inc. in its joint venture with Citizen Energy II, LLC to Roan Resources
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation in its:
- Deconsolidation of Western Midstream Partners LP
- Cactus II joint venture
- US$7.3 billion simplification of Plains All American Pipeline, LP
- Otonomo Technologies Ltd., an automotive data firm, in its proposed US$1.4 billion merger with Software Acquisition Group Inc. II.
- PAO TMK in its US$1 billion sale of IPSCO Tubulars, Inc. to Tenaris
- Private Sellers in the US$925 million sale of Bakken shale assets to Williams Companies
- QEP Resources, Inc. in its:
- US$2.2 billion merger with Diamondback Energy, Inc.
- US$2.5 billion sale of its midstream business to Tesoro Logistics Partners, LP
- US$735 million sale to Aethon Energy of QEP’s upstream assets and midstream business located in the Haynesville Shale
- UGI in its approximately US$5.4 billion acquisition of its 74% equity stake in Amerigas
- Weatherford International plc in the US$430 million sale of its pressure pumping business to Schlumberger
- Athlon Energy, Inc., Emerge Energy Services, LP, JP Energy Partners LP, Oxford Resource Partners, LP, QEP Midstream Partners, LP, Southcross Energy Partners, LP, and Summit Midstream Partners, LP in their initial public offerings
- Underwriters in the initial public offerings of American Midstream Partners, LP, Golar LNG Partners LP, Global Geophysical Services, Inc., Kimbell Royalty Partners, LP, LRR Energy LP, Permrock Royalty Trust, Rattler Midstream Partners LP, and Westlake Chemical Partners LP
- Access Midstream Partners, LP in multiple equity and debt offerings
- Centennial Resource Development, Inc. in multiple debt offerings totaling more than US$650 million
- Landmark Infrastructure Partners LP in multiple equity offerings
- LyondellBasell Industries N.V. in multiple debt offerings totaling more than US$2 billion
- QEP Resources, Inc. in multiple debt and equity offerings totaling more than US$1.8 billion in aggregate
- Southwestern Energy, Inc. in multiple debt and equity offerings totaling approximately US$2.2 billion
- Summit Midstream Partners, LP in multiple debt and equity offerings totaling more than US$1.5 billion in aggregate
- Sunoco LP in a US$600 million 144A offering of senior notes
- Superior Energy, Inc. in its US$500 million 144A offering of senior notes
- Waste Connections, Inc. in multiple debt offerings totaling more than US$900 million
- Weatherford International plc in multiple debt and equity offerings totaling approximately US$3.8 billion in aggregate
- Western Midstream Partners LP in multiple debt and equity offerings totaling approximately US$3.7 billion
- Underwriters in numerous follow-on equity offerings for:
- Golar LNG Partners LP
- Kimbell Royalty Partners LP
- Norther Oil & Gas Inc.
- USA Compression Partners LP